Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: The big picture

Default The big picture

My Son works for a travel company, so definitely not good times for him ( or anyone else ), but I had an idea to print out one of the online pages from the companies blog as a wall poster to give him as a present.

It would be long and thin. I imagine he could hang it in the hall or on the staircase wall, so I want it to be readable and not just some small thing. So given the pixel dimensions of the screen capture (2586x17206) I figured about eight inches by seven feet - definitely tall and skinny.

It made me wonder how to get that printed in one piece and would the cost be ridiculous?

I might never get it printed, but I'm curious about how I might go about it.

Default Re: The big picture

Inkjet Plotters can print around 3-4' wide paper on rolls. The quality is excellent depending on the paper stock.

For years I had a friend print my stereograms for gallery shows 16" x 20". He printed on sheets of high quality stock but I know he told me with rolls of paper he could print much longer images.

Sadly I have no friend with such a printer!

I don't know of any uk commercial printers that would do this at reasonable cost. I guess it would be in the realm of companies that make banners.

Lovely idea for your son. It might be worth trying https://www.solopress.com/ Very helpful and good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny O'Rorke View Post
    Lovely idea for your son. It might be worth trying https://www.solopress.com/ Very helpful and good value.
    Thank you.

A lot of Architects/engineers use inkjet plotters that can print 36" x 150' ... If you know anyone in these professions they may be amenable to do a quick print for a reasonable cost too.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

There's a printing company here in the states. I am sure they ship to UK. Uprinting.

This is a pole banner that might work. https://www.uprinting.com/pole-banners.html

They print just about anything. We have used them for bookmarks for Mary's books, and business cards and a lot of other stuff. They are totally on-line. Good support as well.