Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Info The Ultimate Xara Slideshow

Well, it might become that.

Here is a simple piece of jQuery code - it only took a fortnight to make it simple.

jQuery - Messing with Slides.xar

It is a mixture of Presentation and Slideshow.

The key point is you can build up a slide with a variety of standard Xara shapes, give each a special Name of htmlclass="Slide.." and a Reveal Animation.
    Add the Placeholder (Yellow box, Red Star) to the Page and you are cooking.

Things to sort out:
    1. The start-up is a bit of a fudge as I have not hijacked any Xara code so it has to run its course.
      1. It works in Variants but has a judder until the Xara code has re-established.
      2. Hyperlinking works but not in the Xara code phase.

2. The slide deck is tedious to shuffle around at present.
    3. The show time is set to 10 seconds.
      1. I need to set up an array for a Playlist order and duration.

4. I used jQuery as any Reveal Animation loads in jQuery by default so recoding in JavaScript is probably unnecessary.
      1. I have no Pause or Jump code set up yet.
      2. The Jump might overcome the Xara code hiccough.
      3. I have no easing transition from slide to slide.

i hope this is useful and offers food for thought.

I would love to see it being used more sanely.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: The Ultimate Xara Slideshow

Something a little tamer.

Rabbity Slideshow.xar

The images are clickable.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: The Ultimate Xara Slideshow

Fantastic Acorn, added to my Goodies folder.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

On the second, rabbit, xar file I get an humungous wait whilst Xara states "Converting Document for Export" sticking at 40%. It eventially opens and works fine.

Any one else experiencing this?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post

Yes, here too, at 50%. I thought this was perhaps due to the fact that I'm using XDP 15 and not 17...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    On the second, rabbit, xar file I get an humungous wait whilst Xara states "Converting Document for Export" sticking at 40%. It eventially opens and works fine.
    I do, it is becaise I rotated the two sliders (on purpose) as I wanted to see what the build time was going to be.
    There are 12 large images and all have a feather and eight have a rotation. The XDA has to create all these, which is why I use CSS translate: rotate() and avoid blurring.

With, mine stalls at 71% for 15 seconds. Without, 93% for 2 seconds.

Acorn

Great idea Acorn! I am busy building a product launch demo supersite using your code for the second page (which launches from the index page).

With the reveal speed and delay times, there are plenty of creative options here. I am using the vertical cube transition between pages and I think there should be some great effects.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	omniHuddle.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	126970

Is there a way with a supersite to have an optional script that will auto-loop through the page transitions? I could then create a promo video of the whole animation.

Gary

Info Re: The Ultimate Xara Slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Great idea Acorn! I am busy building a product launch demo supersite using your code for the second page (which launches from the index page).

With the reveal speed and delay times, there are plenty of creative options here. I am using the vertical cube transition between pages and I think there should be some great effects.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	omniHuddle.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	126970

Is there a way with a supersite to have an optional script that will auto-loop through the page transitions? I could then create a promo video of the whole animation.

Gary
    Gary, it ought to be simple enough, never had a look though.
    It would be a case of finding the right trigger code to hook into and showing and hiding DIVs.

What sort of timing delay is needed between pages?

Had a quick look and it is going to be far simpler than expected.
    It would be a case of naming the pages index, slide-2, then incrementing thereafter.
    All the code need do is count to the number of ClassNames for $('[class*="xr_page"]') and then iterate round first to last simply setting window.location.href = baseUrl + count; & resetting count back to 0 to get an infinite loop.

To get an idea create a simple 7 page with /index.htm, /index.htm#xl_xr_page_slide-2, /index.htm#xl_xr_page_slide-3, ... and view in a proper browser so you can simply change the last digit by hand.
    Xara - Cubic Vertical Tx Supersite demo.xar

Do note, no code is in this demo, it is there to show the approach.

Acorn

Thanks for sharing Acorn. They really look great. Didn't try the third one yet, and didn't have the time to have a look into the code.

Here's my attempt. Tried it with one animated svg and it works great.

LINK
    Egg