Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What resolution is your screen and what is your windows scaling set to?

@Shiphen

Gary, I hate to have to break it to you after all this time, but what you are doing is leaving the main area of the screen slightly blurry. With a windows scaling of 150% rather than my 175% scaling it will be less pronounced, but it's definitely there!

Here is the difference on my screen.
    A) Having the Xara UI readable, but the main screen area blurred looks like this:

https://iili.io/JaMN4t.png

B) Having the Xara UI illegible but the main screen area pin-sharp looks like this:
    https://iili.io/JaMe3X.png

To get clear the way to change form A) to B) is:
    Xara shortcut icon ==> Right-click ==> Properties ==> Compatibility ==> Change High DPI Settings ==> High DPI Scaling Override ==> [Tick box] ==> Scaling performed by Application
    I will take a look at (B) and see what difference it makes for me. I do use the Xara zoom for some of the detailed work and it would good to have the handles slightly bigger too, when I remember where the settings are.

Thanks for the insight,

Gary

Default Re: What resolution is your screen and what is your windows scaling set to?

Yes, when all is said and done, going as high as a 4K screen with Xara is probably a mistake. All my other applications seem to have upgraded their User Interfaces to work just fine with 4K.

Confession it turns out that my screen is slighly larger than I thought. It is 27inch not 24inch! But I when I tried reducing the Window OS's Scaling from 175% back down to 150%, the text everywhere in sight is uncomfortably small.

Nope, we're just going to have to wait for Xara to get their fingers out and modernise their UI.

The trouble is that it's been several years now, and Xara still haven't done anything about this problem.

It's such as a shame, as I love so much else about XDP...

It is possible to change just size of the text on Windows and keep rest of the scaling at 150%.

Don’t know if this will help (text below cut from Windows help). The ‘Make everything bigger’ option gives you a few percentage options ie 125%, 175% etc.

To adjust the size of text, apps, and other items, select the Start button, then select Settings > Ease of Access > Display . Use the slider under Make text bigger to make just the text on your screen larger. Or, select an option from the drop-down menu under Make everything bigger to change the size of everything on your screen.

Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Dear Xara Designer Pro users,

We’ve heard you!! Our desktop application Xara Designer Pro+ (get more information here and here) is ready to take off into the universe of high resolution

Therefore, we’re in search of volunteers who want to test Designer Pro+ on their 4k monitors or HD Laptops for one week.

When: Testing starts this Thursday, 06/11 - next Thursday 06/18

How: Volunteers will get access to our Designer Pro+ HiDPI beta version. The beta-version has full functionality scope and you can use it the way you use your current Designer Pro version. Whenever you encounter a bug or problem, you can take screenshots and feedback it directly to us.

Interested? PM me here on TG or write an email to: evak@xara.com

We’re looking forward to having you on board!

Thanks,
    Eva

Product Manager @Xara

Yes, Eva, but what about your loyal customers who own Designer Pro X and have been paying money each year to get new features and updates. When do we get this feature?

@ Eva-K

well progress at last, thanks

I understand you will be prioritising the pro+ which is xara's baby... but Gary has a point, presumably it will filter down before too long ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...