Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What resolution is your screen and what is your windows scaling set to?

Hello

Out of interest, what resolution (and physical size) is your screen and what is your Windows scaling set to?

My screen is 24" and 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels), and I have set my Windows operating system's "scaling" to 175%, which is the absolute minimum for me. Any smaller scaling and the text all my applications becomes too small to read without eye-strain.

Background
    I am trying to build the case for my "Dear Xara" request to make the XDP user interface compatible with high res screens.
    As things stand I spend my life tweaking my XDP between EITHER having the menus readable OR having the main document window high resolution. And I just can't bring myself to pay for an upgrade that still suffers from this problem.

Yes, I know it's probably a lost cause... but I just love XDP in so many other ways.

J

PS My Dear Xara request is here:
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ser-interface)

Default Re: What resolution is your screen and what is your windows scaling set to?

have you considered a bigger and better monitor - unless you have a really top class monitor 24" is too small for 4K.. I just about get away with it with the cintiq pro 24.. but I would have prefered the 32"
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: What resolution is your screen and what is your windows scaling set to?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    have you considered a bigger and better monitor - unless you have a really top class monitor 24" is too small for 4K.. I just about get away with it with the cintiq pro 24.. but I would have prefered the 32"
    Definitely not. My 24 inch monitor is fantastic.

Fwiw, your "Cintiq pro 24" (£1600) is the same physical size as my monitor (24 inches). What scaling are you using?

200 % which is what windows recommends

ok but it be would less cramped on the screen at a larger size would it not...

with the cintiq, since I am using it as a drawing interface with another [2K] monitor, it is not really an issue - and the cintiq does not exhibit the extremes you are describing [or I am more tolerant to it]
    Nothing lasts forever...

1920 x 1200. I have no idea what my scaling is set to.

I have been using Xara on a 4K AIO 26in display for over 3 years. Here's a snapshot PDF (via a URL as TG can't handle more than 2MB PDFs!) https://initiostar.co.uk/assets/4K%20Xara%2026in.pdf.

Screen resolution set +150%, option to Fix Scaling for Apps set to ON; works for me. I have to change the Xara Zoom sometimes for the detailed work, but the real upside is I can have a 1920 x 1080 page layout in view with space to spare.

There is an option to change the font size of the handles somewhere which I cannot remember right now, but it can be done (Pro v17 so not sure whether all this applies to all).

Gary

I'm 1920x1080 on laptop (17") and same res on desktop (24" or 27", can't remember and don't have measuring tape handy). But default scaling 100% is fine on both of these.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

i have over a whole series of threads tried to suggest that it is either the monitor [fantastic though it may be in other respects] that is the issue, or possibly that shipen is more than usually sensitive to the issue due to eyesight [no offence intended]
    Nothing lasts forever...

2560x1080. As quite a few apps are not yet ready for hi-res displays, I prefer a widescreen monitor over one with 4K.

have to agree which is why my non-cintiq is 27" 2K - I may well get a bigger one idc

I'm short sighted since childhood, and now I need to change glasses depending what I am doing to be comfortable with the screen anyway
    Nothing lasts forever...