Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website Jumping Left and Right a Few Pixels

Not that sort of jumping, this sort!

My website's jumping a couple of pixels left or right when I change pages:

https://www.iflewformma.com/xara/

I've checked the page widths, and they are all 1000px.

I would be grateful for any suggestions about how I can stop the jumping.

Thanks, Al

Default Re: Website Jumping Left and Right a Few Pixels

The site is a jump free zone on Edge and Firefox. I moved from page to page without any glitches.

However, there was no mention of Brisbane on your flight paths, which is an obvious mistake. Surely any noteworthy pilot would automatically head for the sweet spot.

Where you have a shorter page the browser vertical scroll bar is not there, hence the jump.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Where you have a shorter page the browser vertical scroll bar is not there, hence the jump.

Acorn
    What browsers/resolutions are you using to make the scrollbars disappear? There're always there on all pages for me.

Acorn, you're right. Is this normal though?

It's jumping in Edge and Chrome (I haven't got The Fox installed), therefore it is probably the page code?

Chris, I have a 1440-high screen and if I extend the browser window from top to bottom my vertical bars disappear, or you can zoom out CTRL - to remove the bars.

Queensland: See Youse All Later, 'Eh But!

Easy fix. Just add a chunky footer and repeat on all pages.

I shall expect a cheery wave from any DC3's once the restrictions are lifted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	footers.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	126949

Acorn, you're right. Is this normal though?

It's jumping in Edge and Chrome (I haven't got The Fox installed), therefore it is probably the page code?
    I'm thick. The page is jumping because it's moving to the left make way for the scroll bar. Wake up Australia! D'oh.

I use Chris's padding approach to normalise the page lengths.

In your case here, I would just make he site a Vertical Supersite as there is not much content.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Al. It is not jumping for me either. May I suggest you make the pasteboard background the same colour as your page colour (the blue) for maximum impact on each page. It will also evoke the flying theme more (blue sky). I also flew with MMA, for 3 months in 1979, and then moved to Melbourne to fly with Ansett. I may have flown with Reg, but I do not remember as it was such a long time ago.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Hey Abi.