Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Thumbs down Help get rid of the Update Service popup

Hi,
    "Update Service period expired". YES, I KNOW, but I do NOT NEED an update. Please help me get rid of this intrusive service.

Default Re: Help get rid of the Update Service popup

Yes, it's bloody annoying, the only way I know is to use Windows Control Panel to stop MagiXara from calling home.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Yes, it's bloody annoying, the only way I know is to use Windows Control Panel to stop MagiXara from calling home.
    Thanks for the advice. Could you give more detailed information on how to do it?

block in firewall - I think acorn has some specifics that still allow you to access the internet, me I just block it period... I dont build websites, i don't use the OCC online
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    block in firewall - I think acorn has some specifics that still allow you to access the internet, me I just block it period... I dont build websites, i don't use the OCC online
    Thanks for the help, but I would be grateful for a more detailed description. Forum search does not work. I can not find @acorn's post.

he's on the forum at the moment, hopefully he will pick this up

I search the forum in google with the preface site:talkgraphics.com - works better
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...