Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Lock-down doodling.

croup !

bad enough with CV-19

mind you egg may abit long in the tooth
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for that, Egg, an excellent doodle for a lockdown Sunday afternoon.

The only thing worse that a soft croup is a hard croup Acorn!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    The only thing worse that a soft croup is a hard croup Acorn!
    True Egg, beats even a bent croupier.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

So what is this soft croup about. Search engine seems to know I'm from germany and doesn't tell me anything.
    Egg, I also used V17. Re-created it again without "convert to editable shapes", but without named colour.
    Attached Files Attached Files

croup [in english] is a nasty viral infection that mostly affects children, scientific name laryngotracheobronchitis
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Siran, I agree it would be great to keep all objects as Text rather than Editable Shapes for editing reasons.
    My problem with your approach is the following:

Line Width 6px=4.5pt, Fill none. Line colour Blue (shift click or using colour editor)
    This is the step I'm having issues with. I have Xara setup to the disliked right click on a colour bar to open the menu options. I much prefer the original Right Click to set the stroke/line colour but this now causes other issues. So why doesn't the new right-click menu include Set Line/Stoke colour? I know it's not of use on Websites but is very valid on a Graphics page.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Siran, I agree it would be great to keep all objects as Text rather than Editable Shapes for editing reasons.
    My problem with your approach is the following:

This is the step I'm having issues with. I have Xara setup to the disliked right click on a colour bar to open the menu options. I much prefer the original Right Click to set the stroke/line colour but this now causes other issues. So why doesn't the new right-click menu include Set Line/Stoke colour? I know it's not of use on Websites but is very valid on a Graphics page.
    Egg, there's always Shift+Left Click on the Colour Bar to change the Line colour.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Agreed Acorn as is there the option to do so in the colour gallery, but why is it hidden on the right click menu???
    Egg

Agreed Acorn as is there the option to do so in the colour gallery, but why is it hidden on the right click menu???
    Well when I asked Xara about such things before, I was told it would make the context menus too cluttered (the specific Q was about Soft-Group to be included in the shapes collection context menu).

Nana Xara knows best.

Acorn