Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Did you know... IV

I was bemoaning the inability to position the Galleries where I wanted as I have two monitors and I use the left one for my design work.
    It turns out it was there all along, I just didn't know how to rev it all up.

The Galleries can be opened, pinned, with Utilities > Galleries and selecting any one of nine of them.
    They also have Shortcut Keys with a mix of Meta and (F9, F10, F11) and a solo Shift+F12 (Animations).

Now you either double-click the title bar of each or drag off the pinned area so they float.
    They float and remain in that place even after closing the XDA.

Double-clicking the Title repins and the repeat puts it back into its unpinned location.

Thank you Xara.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Did you know... IV

I actually found this out a while back… the hard way.

I dragged a gallery so that it was floating, then I moved it all the way to the right of the window to get it out of the way (I work on a single screen.) But unwittingly… ALL the way to the right. For the life of me, I couldn’t find it. I opened it and closed it from the tool menus and buttons… nothing. Finally, I wedged the cursor into the margin, as tight as it would go, and managed to rescue the sucker from oblivion.

End of my story.