Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Published webpage missing text but only when viewed on ipad

Why does a website appear correctly even on different browsers on pc's and android phone, but when viewed on an Ipad has some text missing. The missing text is on top of a colored rectangle and contains 3 lines of which both top and bottom show fine but vthe middle one shows letters but numbers have disappeared. The top line also contains letters and numbers which show correctly.
    The site also previews from the Xara document as it should.

Default Re: Published webpage missing text but only when viewed on ipad

Phill, give me an iPad and I might tell you.

Different browsers have different "equivalent" fonts and even different default line spacing so there may be display differences.
    I know that Calibri has/had missing glyphs as well.

Xara also has problems with justified text as sometimes a line wraps.

Upload a failing sample (and send me an iPad).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Phill, give me an iPad and I might tell you.

Different browsers have different "equivalent" fonts and even different default line spacing so there may be display differences.
    I know that Calibri has/had missing glyphs as well.

Xara also has problems with justified text as sometimes a line wraps.

Upload a failing sample (and send me an iPad).

Acorn
    I can send you a screenshot of the site as displayed on i pad, but I do not see how that would help?

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I can send you a screenshot of the site as displayed on i pad, but I do not see how that would help?
    Do you want to post a link to it too? Xara is great but it does have it's wee 'idiosyncracies'. Sometimes it's helpful for us to see where the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    No screenshot, your design file, simplified if you wish.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat