Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Downloading ALL online content to XWD 17

Quote Originally Posted by elizarrj View Post
    I tried to do the Download All Content and got the error that others have reported. However, if I open my web browser pointing to any website and then do the Download All I was able to download the content without errors. Interesting to see if this works for others or was this just a coincidence?
    elizarrj,
    What web browser are you using when you do this?

Ray

So how does one download all content to the PC in DP17?

Quote Originally Posted by actionit View Post
    So how does one download all content to the PC in DP17?
    The usual way. Open the Local Designs gallery and right click on the folder text and pick Download All.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Be patient while downloading, even if you have a fast connection, because some of the folders hold a lot of contents.

Thanks guys

I was curious, tried to d/l some designs, no go! OK, so I tried an update check and got the "you need to be online" message - but I was! Firefox was happily seeing the web, but not IE. I knew I'd blocked IE in the firewall, so unblocked it - no difference. What on earth? So I opened the firewall temporarily and everything was working, but why? I eventually realized that XDP17 was blocked, so I put the firewall back to normal, unblocked XDP17, blocked IE and everything is 100% . Yay! The root problem is that my firewall s/w blocks everything by default, and I'm not changing that, but I do need to remember

Hi all,
    On the weekend I a free upgrade to v17. I downloaded the Content Catalogue (with the same error messages) but persisted and all good.

I then went to C:users/appdata/local/xara/webdesignerpremium/17/ etc.etc. and copied it all the components onto a backup drive. I was going through the folders and noticed that under image componets/slideshows the Xara slideshow widget which I use quite often wasn't there - all the others but not that one.

Opened WDP17 , clicked on the Local Designs Gallery, Photo Slide Shows and Galleries and there's the Xara Slideshow widget.
    I don't understand why it's not showing on my hard drive

Info Re: Downloading ALL online content to XWD 17

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Hi all,
    On the weekend I a free upgrade to v17. I downloaded the Content Catalogue (with the same error messages) but persisted and all good.

I then went to C:users/appdata/local/xara/webdesignerpremium/17/ etc.etc. and copied it all the components onto a backup drive. I was going through the folders and noticed that under image componets/slideshows the Xara slideshow widget which I use quite often wasn't there - all the others but not that one.

Opened WDP17 , clicked on the Local Designs Gallery, Photo Slide Shows and Galleries and there's the Xara Slideshow widget.
    I don't understand why it's not showing on my hard drive
    LGF, it is a Xara .XWR Widget. It will be in your cache as %localappdata%\Xara\webdesignerpremium\17\Cache\de signs\eng\components\imagecomponents\slideshows\wi dget_mediawidget_live_xh.xwr.

This jumps away to http://widgets.xara-online.com/slider/index.php. If you then log in you have your Slideshows available for editing directly without accessing XWDPv17.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, it is a Xara .XWR Widget. It will be in your cache as %localappdata%\Xara\webdesignerpremium\17\Cache\de signs\eng\components\imagecomponents\slideshows\wi dget_mediawidget_live_xh.xwr.

This jumps away to http://widgets.xara-online.com/slider/index.php. If you then log in you have your Slideshows available for editing directly without accessing XWDPv17.

Acorn
    Aaaahh! Thank you Sir!

Edit: ooops...followed the link and logged in - where do I find my slide shows?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	127265

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Aaaahh! Thank you Sir!

Edit: ooops...followed the link and logged in - where do I find my slide shows?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	127265
    Mike, I had no problems with my own instructions. Perhaps you have another account?

Acorn