Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I can make a Shadow ok, but I want a shadow on all 4 sides not just 2, how?

See the subject line

For fun, I duplicated the Box
    Then put of The 2nd Shadow, then rotated it 180
    It almost worked, but the two corners were out of whack
    So there must be a better way to do it

how /..?

ps
    Same request for page option
    How to make a Shadow all the way around

Default Re: I can make a Shadow ok, but I want a shadow on all 4 sides not just 2, how?

TD, Shadow Tool > Fourth blob in is Glow.
    Page - ditto after you unlock the layer.
    I avoid these all the time.

If I have to a create a Shadow Effect, I Clone a set of Objects, Add Shapes, set to a colour and position behind and increase its size and Feather and set Transparency to suit.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: I can make a Shadow ok, but I want a shadow on all 4 sides not just 2, how?

1. found glow -- ty
    2. why = >
    I avoid these all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheeeDragon View Post
    1. found glow -- ty
    2. why = >
    The approach Xara uses produces bitmaps so are poorly rendered. Better to use CSS or solid Clones especially for text.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

noted
    ty

What are you trying to create? It is easier for us to give you a specific solution if we know what you are trying to do.

1. general knowledge
    2. i LIKE when a page (near white) has a shadow (glow) and sits on a near-white background
    3. still can not see how to unlock the 'page' layer, so made a box and give it a glow - seems to work?
    3a how do I unlock the page layer?

thanks!

Page & Layer gallery > Layer view > Page background > View > Expand Layer > Select Rectangle / Shadow Group.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Page & Layer gallery > Layer view > Page background > View > Expand Layer > Select Rectangle / Shadow Group.

Acorn
    1. forums are GREAT
    2. you guys that help with such great info make it GREATER