Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Downloading ALL online content to XWD 17

I installed V17 about a month ago, but am just getting around to starting a new layout for an old website. I am trying to download all online content to the local designs gallery. I'm following the instructions of highlighting a category, right clicking, and then selecting Download All. With V16 I managed to successfully download all the content, but in trying to do it with V17, it stalls out after just a couple designs. Any suggestions regarding how to get this accomplished? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Downloading ALL online content to XWD 17

Ken, it should be working.

Lucky for you, I had a spare v16 that was unpopulated so I ran that and it too stalls.

The catindex.txt files are being accessed but nothing else seems to be happening.

Could a Mode put this in the Dear Xara Forum.

Thanks.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn. This forum is the only one I use regularly. Good questions, good responses, VERY helpful. I do recall that with V16 it took several tries. Will just try again every day or two. It's much easier to have all this stuff on my local drive, even though I don't work offline very much. Quicker access to look through templates.

I have had similar difficulties with downloading the content into V17. It took many tries and a long time for downloads with error message dialog boxes popping up from time to time. Actually, I am still not sure that I have got all the content.

Good luck,
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ken, it should be working.

Lucky for you, I had a spare v16 that was unpopulated so I ran that and it too stalls.

The catindex.txt files are being accessed but nothing else seems to be happening.

Could a Mode put this in the Dear Xara Forum.

Thanks.

Acorn
    By "mode" I meant Moderator - typo!
    I have rechecked v16 Download All and it is still crank.
    UPDATE: Chatted with Rob-Xar. He checked all is fine with him. I rechecked and is now working. You should be all right with v17 too.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 01 May 2020 at 04:42 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry Acorn, but I am still experiencing problems with getting the content into V17.
    After letting "Download All" run for 7 hours on a solid and reasonably fast internet connection I am still getting these error messages.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LDG1.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	126939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LDG2.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	126940Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LDG3.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	126941

Cheers
    RW

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwallaby View Post
    Sorry Acorn, but I am still experiencing problems with getting the content into V17.
    After letting "Download All" run for 7 hours on a solid and reasonably fast internet connection I am still getting these error messages.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LDG1.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	126939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LDG2.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	126940Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LDG3.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	126941

Cheers
    RW
    Yup. I had these a time back and clicked through them and found they had actually dowloaded.
    i suspect the databse Xara uses to compile their download structure is wrong.

I did find that repeating the Download All eventually gets everything.

I did report all this to Xara a time back with no response.

Acorn

Please forgive me for asking a dumb question. How do you download all the content?

Discovered how to Download all content. Thanks.
    Last edited by elizarrj; 04 May 2020 at 05:06 PM.

I tried to do the Download All Content and got the error that others have reported. However, if I open my web browser pointing to any website and then do the Download All I was able to download the content without errors. Interesting to see if this works for others or was this just a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by elizarrj View Post
    I tried to do the Download All Content and got the error that others have reported. However, if I open my web browser pointing to any website and then do the Download All I was able to download the content without errors. Interesting to see if this works for others or was this just a coincidence?
    That's useful and probably why Xara has never seen or found the fault.

Acorn