Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 4k vs HD

Hybrid View

Default Re: 4k vs HD

I have v17 and Beta HiDPI Pro+ side-by-side on a 4K 26in @ 150% mag -reading distance from screen circa 18in-24in.

Not easy to replicate an exact visual, but here is a 300dpi image https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/XaraPr..._XaraPro17.png

Discernible differences as you might expect are crisper images and text. Clearly it is beta and there are a few scaling issues to resolve. Don't expect icon sizes to change, but what is apparent (in some cases) is handles and dialogue boxes look too small.

I made sure the installation was separate from any upgrade and so far, I have been able to open v17 websites/supersites in Pro+ without disasters, and reverse back into v17 to ensure they continue to work at that release level.

The Beta trial ends nexts week, but for me this is worthwhile analysis of what one might expect for real.

Gary

Default Re: 4k vs HD

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I have v17 and Beta HiDPI Pro+ side-by-side on a 4K 26in @ 150% mag -reading distance from screen circa 18in-24in.
    Not easy to replicate an exact visual, but here is a 300dpi image https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/XaraPr..._XaraPro17.png
    Discernible differences as you might expect are crisper images and text. Clearly it is beta and there are a few scaling issues to resolve. Don't expect icon sizes to change, but what is apparent (in some cases) is handles and dialogue boxes look too small.
    I made sure the installation was separate from any upgrade and so far, I have been able to open v17 websites/supersites in Pro+ without disasters, and reverse back into v17 to ensure they continue to work at that release level.
    The Beta trial ends nexts week, but for me this is worthwhile analysis of what one might expect for real.
    Gary
    Thanks for trying Gary. I sliced out the two and aligned then to run a blink test but the sizing was a bit off.

You can see the text is a tad smaller. I couldn't see much of an improvement with any of the icons.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat