Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default create variant for site

I have just made a site and want to create a variant for it ....but when I create a new 480 page as a variant and resize things it also resizes it on my main page ..
    What am I doing wrong ??

Thanks for any advice

Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Info Re: create variant for site

Mike, some items in your design are linked across variants.
    It is called Liveshare: https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara..._variants.html

For those that have a double slash, you can remove the Liveshare when it affects the Main design.
    You can use Window > Arrange Views to see both Main and Variant at the same time; this makes checking easier and quicker.

Text is usually the one you need to wath as the font size change affects across all until you create a separate Variant font style.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: create variant for site

thanks will try again ....

Mike
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Had another go after having a break from it .... got the two screens working but when I adjust one it does it on both screens ....... how do I remove live share ...... and what is the point of it when your trying to make a a smaller mobile size .
    I create a variant and all the objects have the 2 little lines that are the share sign I guess ....I have watched the tutorial on xara site and I do exactly the same as on the tutorial...... still it changes on both the mobile and main.
    Help ...lol..
    Mike

Mike, just right click on a shape and then pick the Share across Variants and the Stop sharing option. The double slashes will disappear.

Do read the Help as clearly you need to understand the why.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

thanks Acorn ....I was looking for "stop liveshare" ......but then I did as u said stop sharing option on all the the shapes and text ...it is working now .

Thanks again .
    Mike