Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A new subscription option combining Designer Pro and Xara Cloud

once again I am reminded how much respect I have for those companies who have a product and they sell it at a given price [maybe with the odd discount], and that is that

xara/magix reminds me of a market stall seller that gives you half a dozen options in the hope that you will think more about what you may be saving/gaining than whether it is what you actually need
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by louyo View Post
    Thanks much. Might just keep what I have. Running on 17
    Louyo
    As I have tried to explain, when you cut through the crap, it is a good deal but possibly not for the solo designer.

The Xara products actually have a very good Return on Investment once you have cracked how to use them and have more than one paying customer.

In the end I stick with Xara as the ongoing support I provide is far easier to manage.
    I have been luck with large corporate clients who are rarely after the latest whiz-bang.

Xara's delivery approach has been next to deadly for the hobbyist.
    I still design with v12 as I have it configure to my needs.
    Every new version is like throwing away a well-worn jacket for a new one with toggles instead of buttons and pockets slightly in the wrong place.
    I have the time, patience and TG to get me through. I shudder to think of the lost souls cast aside in the quest for new features that don't quite work.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I still think just the one product, or '+' combimntation is best... and it will end up that way because of who the target market is long term
    Nothing lasts forever...

If only Xara would spend as much time improving features and adding updates for their software as they do in trying to come up with ideas to get more money from us!
    James Kelly

So do I understand there are now 2 versions of Designer Pro; Xara Designer Pro X (with no support from Magix) with an annual update service fee or Designer Pro+ (with claimed support by Xara). And the point of the annual update service was to push out updates and enhancements faster than 1x per year. But now there id Designer Pro+ that will be updated more frequently.

So is this just a way to push the pretty much-abandoned desktop users to use the Cloud? Just a signal to the end of life of Designer Pro X?

Sorry if I seem a bit skeptical but what's the benefit to me?

I use Designer Pro X almost daily for graphic design. It was my website building platform for years but I moved to another program due to some specific limitations and now all new sites are done with the other program. Is the xara/magix graphic design next to go? I have waited weeks for support from Magix, and typically I never received it at all. The new program I use for web design, the developer responds to forum support usually within 24 hours.

depends how you look at it:

some advantages of pro +:

goodby magix
    regular updates such as the 4K enhancement already here
    integration with xara cloud [if you need this]

one disadvantage:

it's a subscription; do not renew and you loose it completely... but then if pro+ is no longer done on the cheap and the updates flow as promised that has to be a good thing if you need it
    Nothing lasts forever...