Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A new subscription option combining Designer Pro and Xara Cloud

We're excited to announce a totally new option for customers who want to get the best of Xara products and services.

With our new product bundle Xara Cloud+ you get access to both our desktop application Designer Pro+ and our online editor Xara Cloud. It's the perfect all-in-one solution for those who value the ability to design anything, anywhere and on any device. And as those of you who've already used Xara Cloud know, it's ideal for collaborating with colleagues or friends on your Xara documents. Another bonus is the much larger template pool, combining the contents of the OCC with the 1500+ templates in Xara Cloud - good news if you need to quickly create a new document, or you're simply looking for a source of inspiration and creative ideas.

Xara Cloud+ is a pure subscription model with monthly and annual options, and will benefit from the frequent updates that you'd expect with a subscription (to both Xara Cloud and Designer Pro+). Xara will also provide direct support for Designer Pro+ bought as part of this bundle.

Last but not least Xara Cloud+ is extremely cost effective compared with the cost of subscribing to Xara Cloud & purchasing the Designer Pro Update Service separately – especially during our short launch offer for desktop owners who start new subscriptions - and that can never be a bad thing! Simply enter coupon TALKGRAPHICS during purchase to get 50% off Year 1 (existing Xara Cloud subscribers contact us). Find out more @ https://www.xara.com/xara-cloud-plus/new-bundle/ or check our FAQs at https://help-cloud-plus.xara.com/ - or simply sign up for the free Cloud+ trial @ https://cloud.ixara.com/. If you already have a Xara Cloud account with an existing but expired trial, contact us via PM or the FAQs page.

Kate Moir @ Xara

Thumbs up Re: A new subscription option combining Designer Pro and Xara Cloud

@webmaster
    Kate, thank you for advising this new subscription.

Getting the best from this subscription offer is quite complex so do correct my analysis. I have rounded some figures slightly.

The Monthly subscription (£23/m) can be viewed as a powerful and cheap approach to a time-driven delivery for an experience Xara web designer to gain access both XDP+ (a.k.a., XDPX; you do love the confusing terminology) and Xara Cloud Pro+ (a.k.a., Xara Cloud Pro).
    I would pitch my early designs to my client using a "perpetually-owned" earlier copy of XDPX so I could maximise the utility of interaction and non-web product creation within a one-month period.
    After delivery, ongoing support could be chosen from: Do Nothing (£0), Do Enough with XDPX (£0), Maintenance Month (£25), Update Service of XDPX (One-off £100), switch to Annual Pro+ (£200). All Support costs to the client could be simply pro-rata with me absorbing described costs.
    Clearly with more than one client, there is more benefit in my moving up into your full annual subscription.

It is interesting that you effectively value XDPX (£50/y), when bundled in.

For the most economical bundle, you are delivering Xara Cloud Pro for £100/y extra, assuming your XDPX Customers might otherwise have paid into the Update Service (£100/y).

With your initial 50% discount (£100), it is therefore to everyone's advantage to give Xara Cloud+ (Xara Cloud Pro+ & Xara Designer Pro+) a try-out as the cost is identical to the current Update Service cost (£100).
    [Yes, it is actually £2 more].
    Individuals could rekindle their "perpetually-owned" XDPX with a Update Service renewal (£100) at the end of the first year thereby losing nothing but possibly gaining a love for the Cloud.

The two major understated parts to the subscription model are: (1) Magix is no longer around; (2) XDA updates should be as quick as the ones on Xara Cloud (@ v.74 so far) as both XDA and Cloud need to be in synch.

Y1 Y2 Y3 Y4
    Xara Cloud Pro Annual £78.00 £156.00 £156.00 £156.00 £546.00
    Monthly £228.00 £228.00 £228.00 £228.00
    Xara Designer Pro X Purchase £199.00
    Update Service £100.00 £100.00 £100.00
    Mixed Purchase & Subscription Outlay by Year £277.00 £256.00 £256.00 £256.00 £1,045.00
    with Magix Involvement Outlay by Month £427.00 £328.00 £328.00 £328.00
    Xara Cloud & Designer Pro+ * sole Subscription by Year £102.00 £204.00 £204.00 £204.00 £714.00
    Xara-owned Subscription Model Subscription by Month £138.00 £276.00 £276.00 £276.00
    Acorn

P.S. As an aside I seem to be the trailblazer for the approach as I "bought into it" by chance a few months ago as I advised on TG. I have clients, I can afford it and I know the cost of a bail out is a £100 Update service renewal.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: A new subscription option combining Designer Pro and Xara Cloud

over here : https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...and-Xara-Cloud

kate said, if I understood correctly, that if you take the '+' route you do not keep the desktop licence after your update service lapses...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    over here : https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...and-Xara-Cloud
    kate said, if I understood correctly, that if you take the '+' route you do not keep the desktop licence after your update service lapses...
    That's correct. That is why I referred to it as "Subscription Model".

I tried to be clear that the Update Service renewal was for any old-style version not the Pro+. I said '"perpetually-owned" XDPX' to show it was not the Pro+ subscription I was referring to.

Told you it was complex.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    We're excited to announce a totally new option for customers who want to get the best of Xara products and services.

With our new product bundle Xara Cloud+ you get access to both our desktop application Designer Pro+ and our online editor Xara Cloud. It's the perfect all-in-one solution for those who value the ability to design anything, anywhere and on any device. And as those of you who've already used Xara Cloud know, it's ideal for collaborating with colleagues or friends on your Xara documents. Another bonus is the much larger template pool, combining the contents of the OCC with the 1500+ templates in Xara Cloud - good news if you need to quickly create a new document, or you're simply looking for a source of inspiration and creative ideas.

Xara Cloud+ is a pure subscription model with monthly and annual options, and will benefit from the frequent updates that you'd expect with a subscription (to both Xara Cloud and Designer Pro+). Xara will also provide direct support for Designer Pro+ bought as part of this bundle.

Last but not least Xara Cloud+ is extremely cost effective compared with the cost of subscribing to Xara Cloud & purchasing the Designer Pro Update Service separately – especially during our short launch offer for desktop owners who start new subscriptions - and that can never be a bad thing! Simply enter coupon TALKGRAPHICS during purchase to get 50% off Year 1 (existing Xara Cloud subscribers contact us). Find out more @ https://www.xara.com/xara-cloud-plus/new-bundle/ or check our FAQs at https://help-cloud-plus.xara.com/ - or simply sign up for the free Cloud+ trial @ https://cloud.ixara.com/. If you already have a Xara Cloud account with an existing but expired trial, contact us via PM or the FAQs page.

Kate Moir @ Xara
    Sorry for being in the slow group. I upgraded to XDPX last August. So what are my $$ if I decide to go with the cloud + thingie. I don't understand these:
    Xara Cloud & Designer Pro+ * sole Subscription by Year £102.00 £204.00 £204.00 £204.00 £714.00
    Xara-owned Subscription Model Subscription by Month £138.00 £276.00 £276.00 £276.00

Louyo

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    That's correct. That is why I referred to it as "Subscription Model".

I tried to be clear that the Update Service renewal was for any old-style version not the Pro+. I said '"perpetually-owned" XDPX' to show it was not the Pro+ subscription I was referring to.

Told you it was complex.

Acorn
    I thought the point worth emphasising - plus it is never ideal that discussion gets split across threads...

not unexpected as I also said, at least not to me; it's an obvious step forward [for the company], and if it works in the sense that uptake is good it will generate income

it will also mean xara has moved to a 'full subscription' model, something they were at pains to point out the exisiting magix desktop model is not when it came out

in due course I would expect the desktop part of the '+' model to morph away from the exitsting magix destop model that will gently fade away

[better leave it at that - don't want the mods to tick me off for going too far, like they did the last time I opined about xara's love [or lack of it] for the magix model]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Info Re: A new subscription option combining Designer Pro and Xara Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by louyo View Post
    Sorry for being in the slow group. I upgraded to XDPX last August. So what are my $$ if I decide to go with the cloud + thingie. I don't understand these:

Louyo
    Louyo, for argument, say you will bought in at v16.1 and are currently using v17.0:
    1. You could use it for nothing without the Update Service from September 2020 at v17.0...
    2. You could use it for nothing without the Update Service from September 2020 at v16.1 if you are forced to re-install...
    3. You could spend £100 and renew the Upgrade Service and start again for another year at v17/v18, depended on what Xara has upissued to. (1) & (2) then replay up to September 2021 and you choose again.
    4. You could take up Xara's 50% discount offer now and pay £100 for on year's subscription. Annual renewal would be £200 thereafter. Xara might offer to align your remaining 5 month Update Service somehow. That is between you and Xara.
    5. You could keep your current XDPX and dip in at monthly-paid rates to access Pro+ for specific projects so options (1), (2) or (3) could be in play.

The bottom line is if you keep current with XDPX it costs you £100/y, If you choose the Pro+ route is it £200/y with £100 off the first year.
    You have a range of choices from £0 to £200 and you can buy back in for XDPX at £100/y (a trail of perpetual licences) or subscribe £25/m or £200/y for the Cloud.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I thought the point worth emphasising - plus it is never ideal that discussion gets split across threads...
    I positively chose this Forum as the majority of TGers will read into it. The Xara Cloud one might never register with them.

Acorn

sure....

but from xara's point of view it is cloud first with designer pro in support.... not the other way round
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Louyo, for argument, say you will bought in at v16.1 and are currently using v17.0:
    1. You could use it for nothing without the Update Service from September 2020 at v17.0...
    2. You could use it for nothing without the Update Service from September 2020 at v16.1 if you are forced to re-install...
    3. You could spend £100 and renew the Upgrade Service and start again for another year at v17/v18, depended on what Xara has upissued to. (1) & (2) then replay up to September 2021 and you choose again.
    4. You could take up Xara's 50% discount offer now and pay £100 for on year's subscription. Annual renewal would be £200 thereafter. Xara might offer to align your remaining 5 month Update Service somehow. That is between you and Xara.
    5. You could keep your current XDPX and dip in at monthly-paid rates to access Pro+ for specific projects so options (1), (2) or (3) could be in play.

The bottom line is if you keep current with XDPX it costs you £100/y, If you choose the Pro+ route is it £200/y with £100 off the first year.
    You have a range of choices from £0 to £200 and you can buy back in for XDPX at £100/y (a trail of perpetual licences) or subscribe £25/m or £200/y for the Cloud.

Acorn
    Thanks much. Might just keep what I have. Running on 17

Louyo