Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image Filenames in v17

Is there a way to use the image filename in v17 automatically?

There's more info in the release notes than there is in the manual, neither of which say much more than nothing.

I have web pages which may contain 3 or 400 images and having their original filename is much more useful than 1.png, 2.png, 400.png etc.

Loading my pages from my v15 designed site, it allows me to select, the image, right-click, web-properties, wait five seconds for the dialog box to appear, choose the image tab and then I can manually enter the filename. Rather painful. It would probably be quicker for me to rebuild the page and import all the image files again - if only it would populate that field by default. But nope, importing an image onto the page does not use the original filename. Can't find anything in options to enable it unless I've missed something. So it seems there is no option but to manually go to the properties of every image and manually type in the same filename that it is imported from.

Surely there must be an easier way...?

Default Re: Image Filenames in v17

One would think.

I have not tried this so I just gave it a try. It is not automatic, which would be helpful. You need to select every image individually, open Web Properties > Image, then key in the image name and Apply.

I will move this to Dear Xara in hopes of getting someone at Xara to see this request.

Default Re: Image Filenames in v17

Thanks.

Sounds like it may be some time...

Is there any way to export the XAR as XML - at least this way I might be able to insert the necessary tags and occupy them.

The current site has over 8500 JPG/PNG files - 98% of which could be relevant to SEO if named correctly