Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Link does not work

Hi! I have named some text on one page and then added a link to that name (anchor) on text on the first page. I don't see anything change when I preview the website and nothing happens.
    I don't understand what I could be doing wrong. Is it just that links don't work on preview?
    The site is published and I am trying to change it and reupload. We've started a free meal pickup for food sensitive during this time and I don't want to upload it if it doesn't work because folks are waiting for the update right now. So I can't upload it so you can see it.
    I tried to include a link from Google Drive by uploading to my drive, but not sure this will work:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w6...AbOmGupbGzZeIW
    I put the link onto the words 'CLICK HERE' and it should link to an inserted page (not on the navigation) to the words 'Trying times'
    So frustrating - should be so easy!
    Thanks for any help!
    Peace. Meesha

Default Re: Link does not work

Sorry - don't think the Drive link worked. Here is the link on OneDrive
    Since I was not able to make it work, I just put in text to click the page on the navigation bar.
    Originally, I used CLICK HERE with an anchor link to the text on the page, Free Pickup Meals "Trying times" named "Trying times". I never saw a hyperlink and the preview never showed anything. I had to have the website up tonight, so I just told people to click the menu page.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgduB-j9fRhPh91r...i-V4g?e=97Zcin

Thanks to anyone that can help me find where I went wrong with something so simple?

2 approaches for you to play with.

Remove the link > colour the CLICK HERE yellow > select the text block > remove the tick 'Use Common Website Link Colours' > Link To Anchor - Trying time
    Or
    Remove the link, create a button and Link To Anchor - Trying time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Site.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	126880

On a side note: I really like the 'Crave' logo, just fancy enough to give a classy look without being ostentatious.

I would add a black, full width rectangle with a 70% transparency on level in front of the picture to make the writing pop more. It's a little lost as it is now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Site1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	126881

Sometime, you had the text below anchored to the block with the link.
    In the browser the block now has become a group with it all as an image, losing the link in the process.
    Create a new text block and copy & paste the text of the old across; set up the link and all works.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat