Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro 10 - Web page background doesn't extend correctly.

I downloaded a website from the content catalogue. I have changed images and logos for my own. Now, when filling the rest of the pages with text or adding images, the page background moves down, but drags other images and the logo down with it. This makes the website look a mess. How do I a) stop this from happening at all and b) lock the web logo in place so it does not move.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Designer Pro 10 - Web page background doesn't extend correctly.

Hiding in the many options Xara offers, in obscure pathways, there is a setting that is called Position on Page.
    It will be to your advantage to search for that in the Help.

Probably the best approach is to make all Layers Visible then Select All.
    Do not move anything but then right-click on one of the selected shapes and in the context menu pick Position on Page > Fixed.
    Xara has probably set some to Footer or Automatic.

Later on, after having read the Help you could select bottom elements and set as Footer.

I doubt few play with Stretch.

You never know.

Acorn

P.S. It get funner in later versions; it is Auto-Fit to page.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Designer Pro 10 - Web page background doesn't extend correctly.

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply. I will look through what you have advised. In the mean time I've manage to find a work around/fix. On the version I have, after inserting a picture/text column etc, right clicking shows up an option 'push', which you can select to add a number of pixels for distances/borders etc. Now I'm only a newbie web designer, but without reading a load of text on the issue, as I have used one of Xara's pre-done templates, the footer continues to move down as long as I input values into the push option. 0,5,0 seems to work best and 0,60,0 for the very last item on the page. I did read up on dynamic web pages and now know how to do those, but from what I can find within the website properties, I couldn't see any dynamic data for the footer. Either way I've managed to get it to work.
    Cheers