Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default svg animation software

I recently came across software that is greate for making svg animations. The software is called svgator and is quite happy with Xara's svg exports which you can import into svgator and fairly easily animate.

Here an example of a watch lifted straight from the Content Catolgue (68Kb):

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: svg animation software

And another (46Kb). If anyone wants more information please say so. :

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, thank you for "Confusing the Meerkat". I was pondering licensing GreenSock, which appears cheaper and more versatile: https://greensock.com/club/.

My main reason for looking at GreenSock was I could get it bundled with my Pinegrow licence as Pinegrow with Interactions (a.k.a. GreenSock).

Where, I think, GreenSock differs is you can animate anything.
    I have paused as, while I know how to use GreenSock in my HTML editor (Pinegrow), I have yet to try it on any Xara design, where the HTML is far more convoluted.

My question is how easy is it for you to integrate your animations into a Xara design page?
    I recall the hooks I had to invent to get my XDA to handle an SVG import to present it as SVG and not convert it to stuffy vector. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...DA-Web-Exports.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's very simple Acorn, I just uploaded the animated svg file to my server using an ftp program. I then used a placeholder to call it. I exported the svg as responsive so you only need to change the size of placeholder to make it bigger or smaller.

I attach the xar file with the placeholder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Bug Re: svg animation software

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    It's very simple Acorn, I just uploaded the animated svg file to my server using an ftp program. I then used a placeholder to call it. I exported the svg as responsive so you only need to change the size of placeholder to make it bigger or smaller.
    I attach the xar file with the placeholder.
    Egg, I guessed as much. I used the same approach in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...DA-Web-Exports. but used the failing of the object code to regress to a PNG fall-back.

Xara needs to allow SVGs to embed into the design page as SVGs.

I just tried:
    Code:
    <iframe src="https://parkeston.com/animated-svgs/TG-ani-2.svg" width="100%" height="100%" >Hi Egg!</iframe>
    successfully.
    The advantage this offers is you at least get the first frame in IE is rendered.

Have you noticed if you drag the Placeholder almost off the page and do not have a Page Background colour set then the SVG shows in full even if Clip to page edges is set?
    @Xara - seems any Placeholder does it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I attach another xar file. I'm finding that the svg file does render in an IE preview but not animate (although it may take time, my internet speed is all over the place at present)

I can confirm your findings re- near off page position still renders whole file visible.

https://parkeston.com/animated-svgs/index.htm
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Yup, your service is presently fried.

Acorn