Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: E-commecre

Default E-commecre

Hi guys, so I have an existing client with whom I have been since inception of their company, they have grown exponentially through the years and I created their original website with Xara. Now they are wanting to go into a full blown e-commerce site.... I do not want to start all over on another platform, I just want to add an online shop and login area and obviously redesign the look...... would I be able to do this alongisde Ecwid in Xara?

Default Re: E-commecre

Yes. Pretty sure that can work.

I really hope if Xara is focusing on websites, that they address this situation with e-commerce and shopping carts. There is information the forum but it is all scattered around.

behzad, I see it as dependent upon the products. PayPal is simple and performs a great job for a modest number of projects with a few options each, ie size, color, etc. The ecwid and such are great programs but many e-comm programs are too complicated and break easy. When I was in the business, I used CartManager. Easy to scale, inexpensive and designed to keep the look and feel of the website even though the buyer has temporarily left the site for the duration of the shopping experience. Xara's strategy seems to me to focus their programming on websites and merely provide a hook allowing e-comm software to connect. That makes sense to me. IMHO

Thank you DanFelix. Have you got an eCommerce site i can see by any chance?

" When I was in the business, I used CartManager."

No longer. Sorry. There were 82 products, each with 3 to 4 options. The program permitted 'branding' the shopping pages. The company is still in business. Cartmanager.com.

I havw spent time trying to learn Ecwid and so far it seems to be a fairly straight forward program. You can totally design a site using their embeded software with the shopping card and use a link to it from Xara. It also embeds into many site design software - don't know about Xara, however.

Of note - check your web site host. I use Startlogic and they have Ecwid at about a 60% discount. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com