Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug v17.0 - Boxing too clever for your own Good

Dear Xara...

This is another "real" problem you have added to the joy of v17.0.

I had pop-up texts across a number of elements that now do not work.

Bug - for some reason in v17.0, when I include a Fill into a Box, you have decided to style the SPAN with "pointer-events: none;" so the pop-up no longer appears!

Xara - Red Boxes - Title FAIL.xar

Perversely, if I add a Web Animation/Instant, I get the pop-up back.
    If I change the box to Editable Shapes and manage to force it to render as an image (!), I get the pop-up back.
    Do note, things work properly on images but I am web-working to as high a quality and performance as I can within the Xara environment.

We now have the situation where Pop-up Layers FAIL over the newly-minted text features that can be forced to work if you make the Transition effect Instant and here, forcing an Instant Web animation.

I still have websites built in v11 that I dare not 'upgrade' through v12, v15, v16 and now v17 as prior working features just stop working and I cannot regression test all my deliverables every time you upissue.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: v17.0 - Boxing too clever for your own Good

Well Acorn you need to understand that Xara Designer is a simple WYSIWYG web editor, easy for non-coders to create. Kindly persist from pointing out shortcomings that might well effect sales of Xara's abandoned software that the company can no longer be bothered to develop with even the slimmest excuse of serious development nor be bothered to explain to it's loyal users why their questions/request go ignored.

Just keep upgrading ... ££££'s
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

" I am web-working to as high a quality and performance as I can within the Xara environment."

What other program would you recommend for 'web-working?'

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    " I am web-working to as high a quality and performance as I can within the Xara environment."
    What other program would you recommend for 'web-working?'
    Dan, it really depends on what you are competent in.

I hand-code, use static CMS generators made from Rebol scripts, BlueGriffon for certain clients, Balsamiq for Mockups with add-ins, MS Office, Sharepoint, Bootstrap Studio, Ruby on RAILS, Pinegrow, CoffeeCup & WordPress.
    I have toyed with WebSite X5, Google Web Designer & Nicepage.

It depends on whose paying and what the environment happens to be. Once I had to build the environment.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks. You gave me some names to look into. My first pages were also hand coded 30+ years ago so I can appreciate the history.

I don't believe I actually typed "Sharepoint"; those in the know always type it properly as SharePoint, like in JavaScript!

All those years are now clearly history.

Acorn