Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A Stay-at-Home Collection

great book collection. i hope you will have the great writers books. i have also the collection of books and some art galleries. being a engineer i love to work with machines and auto parts but whenever i am free, i look up my library

EDIT: Link removed
    Last edited by Rik; 24 June 2020 at 01:51 PM. Reason: No links allowed for new members

I have read aloud every morning with coffee and every evening with a glass of wine to my wife for close to 30 years. Mary is a voracious reader but I read because if she reads my mind tend to drift. It started when we used to commute to work in San Francisco and we had a long drive so we listened to books on tape. When we moved our office back to the house we missed the experience of being read to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6084.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	127277  

What are some of the books you have read to her during the past months?

What are some of the books you have read to her during the past months?
    We are currently catching up on a few of Ward Just's books. Just died a year or so back. We started and will come back to the final book in Hillary Mantel's trilogy about Thomas Cromwell in the era of Henry the VIII. We have Georges Simenon novel, My Friend Maigret in the queue. We have read all of Margarete Drabble's novels along with several other English novelists. Penelope Lively is another. David Cornwell (John LaCarre) is always a good read. Fiction in the morning and non-fiction at the end of the day. Mary is currently reading Cynthia Ozick's very first novel which should take her through fall. Just a very eclectic selection.

This week I have mostly been reading 'Figures In A Landscape' by Barry England. (It sounds better if you like the TV comedy sketch show The Fast Show)
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Right now I'm reading Silence by Thich Nhat Hanh. Coming up are Rule Makers, Rule Breakers by Michele Gelfand and the final book of The Corfu Trilogy by Gerald Durell.