Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy VERY Strange text align issue after reinstalling Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.0

Hi, hope someone can help advise please. I've reinstalled my copy of Xara from disc and it downloaded an update as usual. After opening my website nothing seemed out of place except when I previewed it, the copyright text at the bottom of the page was completely out of alignment. For the life of me I can't see why, just wondered if anyone here can spot what I've done, or the program update has done to effect this.

I can move it up so it looks wrong and then it looks right in the preview mode, if that makes sense. I've attached a couple of screenshots in the program and then in preview mode, I'll also drop a dropbox link below to the site files so you can have a play.

Hope it's something simple and I'm just being a bit thick It's driving me mad

Many thanks

David

Website Link https://www.dropbox.com/s/1t8duluq40...170420.7z?dl=0

Associated Image Folder Link https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7rv76x1t1..._files.7z?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copyright text align 1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	126816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copyright text align 2.PNG 
Views:	70 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	126817  

Info Re: VERY Strange text align issue after reinstalling Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.0

David, it all seems fine with my browsers.
    Sometimes, the browser caches prior details and plays back that.

Try a different browser.
    If that is good then press Ctrl+F5 to clear you cache.
    You will find that most viewers will not experience the problem.

Your Preview creates a new destination tat your browser has never seen so no cache so all as expected.
    You do need to close and re-open your Xara desktop application to force a newer location, every now and again.

It is a browser issue that is most likely to impact a designer making lots of little changes and publishing.
    I advised a possible solution to Xara and I am still waiting for some response.

Acorn

P.S. I am impressed Ferrets feature with their own page.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Smile Re: VERY Strange text align issue after reinstalling Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    David, it all seems fine with my browsers.
    Sometimes, the browser caches prior details and plays back that.

Try a different browser.
    If that is good then press Ctrl+F5 to clear you cache.
    You will find that most viewers will not experience the problem.

Your Preview creates a new destination tat your browser has never seen so no cache so all as expected.
    You do need to close and re-open your Xara desktop application to force a newer location, every now and again.

It is a browser issue that is most likely to impact a designer making lots of little changes and publishing.
    I advised a possible solution to Xara and I am still waiting for some response.

Acorn

P.S. I am impressed Ferrets feature with their own page.
    Hi Acorn

Thank you so much for replying so quickly, did you open the website file and preview it or did you view the live site? The live site is fine on my browsers as it was uploaded some time ago and I've cleared the cache and the preview still throws up the problem. What worries me is that I've not changed the site file although I think I did accept a pop up that advised me to update the text for more modern browsers, or it said something like that when I first started Xara after the reinstall.

I'm just going to try and upload it in a test folder to see if it looks ok before I mess with it. Thanks again Acorn, oh and yes, Ferrets should indeed get their own page, I used to have two some years ago and they were so friendly, funny and very entertaining, a bit like over excited kittens. Me and my son used to walk them on a lead around the garden, very tame and I built a huge run for them with drain pipes underground, they were definitely spoilt

Default Re: VERY Strange text align issue after reinstalling Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.0

Hi Acorn, re my reply, have just uploaded test site and the text is out of alignment, what do you think is causing this? Take a look here: http://www.lookincentral.com/lookinuktest/

Default Re: VERY Strange text align issue after reinstalling Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.0

David, all I can find is the same link added to a Space to the right of the copyright.

The copyright text has a different style, which looks as if there is paragraph space before has been set.

Acorn

I would try creating a Style for the footer text.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Lightbulb Re: VERY Strange text align issue after reinstalling Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    David, all I can find is the same link added to a Space to the right of the copyright.

The copyright text has a different style, which looks as if there is paragraph space before has been set.

Acorn

I would try creating a Style for the footer text.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn

Brilliant! I'd never created a style before but have just seen it as an option when I selected the Copyright text. I created one and also then applied it to the Terms and Policy text and bobs your uncle it's fixed the issue, thanks for spotting that for me, I'd of never have found the reason, I even looked at the source text for both version to see if I could spot a difference in the code but nothing stood out and it just looked the same. Thanks again Acorn, really appreciated Stay Safe

David, i'm glad you've got it sorted.

Acorn