Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Too complex to process error message

Hi

Have searched the forum and the only post I could find relating to the "too complex to process error" message was as posted in June 2019.

I am new to Xara having migrated from Serif Webplus and trying to find my way around, have successfully published an adapted template, however for the final few edits I am getting the error described here....Page too complex and to simplify.....on every page, as the message appears as soon as I try make any edit, so cannot do anything. Since the error message gives no indication as to the cause, where do I go from here? Currently my site has been published OK, but is impossible to make further edits.

Any help appreciated

Default Re: Too complex to process error message

Welcome to TalkGraphics

One thing you might try and you only need to do this once and it will either work or it won't. Close Xara. Then right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator.

Does your site have a lot of photos? And if so are the photos high resolution? Although Xara reduces the resolution of the photos when you publish, the photos can consume a lot of memory. If you do have a lot of high resolution photos, then go to Utilities > and select Optimize all Images.

Other members might have additional suggestions.

great thanks a lot, that does seem to help. The situation was becoming so bad, I had to revert to a previous back up and make the changes again, which also has helped.

Thanks for the swift response

We do our best. All the moderators are volunteer so we are not always available but someone usually is around.