Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Corner Tool

Threaded View

Default Re: Corner Tool

I couldn't agree more Jim. I believe the majority of TG members are quite long in the tooth now, I'm 72, and we stick with Xara no longer as the best vector program but as something like an old pull-over we're comfortable in. We know the keyboard shortcuts and the multitude of menu items, and can't be arsed to learn the multi-options in new software.

Your example is a case in point. I have a friend who creates vinyl images. He prints them directly from a very old copy of Xara I gave him years ago, directly to an equally old Roland Vinyl Cutter. Occasionally if he finds an image to hard to produce himself he will ask me to create one for him.

Problems invariably arise with hard corners and I often spend long period rounding these corners to get a clean cut.

How much better if Xara had AD's rounding function. So easy to use, not even a global rounding, but individual rounding per node if required.

Here's an image of a train I created in Xara, exported as an svg, imported into AD, rounded and re-exported to svg for import into Xara. (which has sizing issues!) Oh, if we could just do it all within Xara.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	126823  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host