Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: XD16, and XD17 trial SVG import issue

Oh, dear! I just spent the last 10 minutes or so exporting squares of increasing size from my new XD17 as SVGs ('selected only'), and re-importing the resulting SVG. ALL of the imported squares were exactly the same size, 7.94cm x 7.94cm. The originals started at 1cm sq, going up 0.5cm at a time until I reached 8cm sq, then I went to 9cm, 10cm, 15cm, 20cm, and 30cm. I verified the exported SVGs contained the correct height and width values, and several I imported into Inkscape where they had their correct sizes.

I took the 7.94cm sq and rotated it -45d exported it and re-imported it and its bounding box was still 7.94cm sq, but it was clearly smaller. I rotated it back to its original orientation, and it was now 5.61cm sq.

That's no richt! No richt at a at a!!
    Edit: Playing with units, 7.94cm is 300px.
    Edit: You were right about the 300px, Egg. But I see no justification at all for this. I haven't found anything in the manual about it, and the image restriction only kicks in if its larger than 1920 px, but an SVG isn't an image. But 300px also happens to be a default size for inserting new objects, at least for the few I tried.
    Last edited by simsmj; 16 April 2020 at 07:42 PM.