Handrawn, while I was out on my exercise walk this morning, I thought that there may be a registry key that might disable, or amend the behaviour of that function. I'm still going to look at that, but one thing I note is that this policy makes XD16/17 non SVG-compliant because it ignores the viewBox, which provides the SVG's clipview/scale/panning settings. That said, I don't know that Xara have ever claimed that it was SVG compliant, but half-hearted or broken support for an international vector standard might not make for a good look for a vector-based app, I think. As I said in my previous comment, making it an option that the user can accept or refuse would solve that problem, and it would certainly help me, and I can't see that that would disadvantage anyone.

SVG also has currency as a medium of file transfers between drawing apps, and adhering to the relevant standards is important, and not doing so undermines that currency.

While we're at it, I'd like an option to choose which unit the SVG export will use, because having to manually convert pt to cm and vice versa on a calculator to verify my SVGs is depressing!

Mike