Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Should I wait for 17.1

In another thread it was suggested to wait for XDPX 17.1 before you bought back into update service so they could get some of the bugs out. Now that some of the old pro's have bought back in, my question is is that still good advise? The reason I am asking is after the snafu I had I am back to 16.0 and some of my files tell me the were created in a newer version and some things will not work. I am thinking of upgrading but would like some of the experts opinions, I have to admit I am a rank amateur and want to be sure I get the most for my buck!!!!

Default Re: Should I wait for 17.1

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    In another thread it was suggested to wait for XDPX 17.1 before you bought back into update service so they could get some of the bugs out. Now that some of the old pro's have bought back in, my question is is that still good advise? The reason I am asking is after the snafu I had I am back to 16.0 and some of my files tell me the were created in a newer version and some things will not work. I am thinking of upgrading but would like some of the experts opinions, I have to admit I am a rank amateur and want to be sure I get the most for my buck!!!!
    Well Gypsyjoe, I can say for sure I'm not "old pro"... just old... but to give you some piece of mind, (maybe) I have been using 17 from day 1 release and aside from a couple of minor bugs that have been worked-around I have to say it's pretty solid.

Since our quarantine, I can honestly say I'm using it heavily for at least 10 hours a day. (17 open, Video app open, Chrome open - with only 8 megs of ram) Most of the time not even a reboot for 3 or 4 hours.

So, again, I'm finding it solid, dependable and (here it is - wait for it) 'trustworthy'. Your call. But I would say you can feel comfortable.

Regards - Gd Lk

Cliff

Disclaimer: We all have different systems, different configurations, different software installed, work differently etc.. If you get it and you find everything I said 'untrue' for you...
    Well, too bad. You asked? You got answer... But I think you'll be ok.
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)