Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Changing colors in a graphic

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    good to know - thanks [ unfortunately I only have CS2 to work with, illy wise]
    That's likely using the exact tracing algorithm that CS6--which I used--has. I don't think it's really changed since Streamline was discontinued and "Live Trace" came to illustrator. Note...Streamline actually worked better for the most part...

I rememember streamline.. but I think potrace [as in inkscape] had the edge...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, but...I find no application, even Vector Magic (though it's more consistently good), does every image trace as well with particular images. Which is why I'll run through a few if/when I do not get the results I thing I need. My usage of image tracing is usually for large format work when one of a few image enlargement applications I have doesn't produce acceptable results.

Once in a while I need to redo a logo, like with this one, and if I feel tracing gets me to the tweaking stage quicker than manually redrawing it, then I'll trace as a first step.

When helping someone, I'll usually just trace like here. This logo, if one had access to the font like I do, would have been just a bit slower to redraw versus tracing.

i agree - tracing, provided you get a smooth edge, is a usefull first step...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    looks like cliff missed the P.S. in post #6...

wish now i'd had time to do the inkscape trace, but given a steady hand and practice the manual trace is often better, if slower
    Yes I did miss it... thanks handrawn

And Egg, NEVER a need to apologize... BTW, I have a whole collection of 'Egg Videos' LOL & thanks!
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    Yes I did miss it... thanks handrawn
    Glad that was straightened out. No harm, no foul, right?