Happy Saturday to all.

I’m writing to ask for some expert advice. I’m using P&GD17 to do some graphics work. (I’m still new to the software, but I’m pretty experienced in WDP.) My understanding is that its photo and graphics capacities are the same as for DPX, so hopefully someone can help.

The “original” image attached is saved as a jpg (for space concerns), but it is exported from a png. Same for the “first-attempt” image.

My objective is to recolor the elements (petals and letters) to match those of my theme. I am maintaining the file as png with a transparent background.

My attempt: I used the “Select colors to enhance” tool under “Photo enhance”. I chose a petal of each color, adjusted the tolerance and fade so that it would not impact any of the other colors, and then made manual adjustments to the saturation, temperature, and hue.

The result is not bad, and the tool seems to do a pretty good job with a graphic with a limited number of colors.

Problem 1 with my attempt: it is impossible to get the theme color precise (and at times, even close), despite trying many combinations of the manual adjustments.

Problem 2: around the edges of the forms there is a dark outline or halo of blurry pixels. Even when I dropped the tolerance and fade to 0 for each color, it was not eliminated. I even tried fiddling with the histogram (color by color), with the effect of simply turning the outline yellow-brown (and of course, completely messing up the color of the image).

So, any advice on a better tool or a better way to use the “Select colors to enhance” tool? 1) control the colors more precisely, 2) eliminate the pixel outline?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	126777 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first-attempt.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	126778