Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Reducing image size when it's shared across variants

Thanks Acorn,
    Does that achieve the same as clearing my history in my phone's safari browser as that's the device I'm testing it on? I can also purge the cache - would that help?
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by forresthowie View Post
    Thanks Acorn,
    Does that achieve the same as clearing my history in my phone's safari browser as that's the device I'm testing it on? I can also purge the cache - would that help?
    Thanks again.
    Yes and it should help.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi there, cleared my iphone Safari cache/history and did it in the application settings too. Purged the cache on my 1and1 server. Switched off my phone. Website still displaying almost none of the images. Seems to be safari and seems only to be safari on iphones (my friend's in Germany and what she's sent me looks like what I have). I'm at my wits end with this. What I get on my phone (broadband or network makes no difference) is not what I am publishing and isn't what I get on my website variant in Chrome or IE or Edge. I could understand it if the images were large and the page was really slow (although it IS slow and I'm looking into changing my .htaccess file to leverage browser caching AND image compression) but even the 'click here for more information' text over a shape (to make a button) is displaying incorrectly.
    Apologies for going on with this one - I just don't know why it's showing so badly on (typically) a browser on a popular device.

I think maybe I should make a new thread for this as the original topic has changed (although the original thread topic was my attempt to solve the problem). Hope this is more use for others.