Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default How to produce A4 Landscape Folded Brochure 30 Plus Pages

Have Page & Layout Designer and wish to produce A4 Landscape Folded Brochure 30 Plus Pages. Cannot find suitable template or any template that fills the need. Not sure if I'm in correct forum but help please.
    Regards

Default Re: How to produce A4 Landscape Folded Brochure 30 Plus Pages

If Xara templates are not filling what you need, take a look at https://www.template.net/ they offer several different types that you maybe able to modify.

Another option is to look at Xara Cloud, they have a lot of templates that you maybe able to use for a fairly reasonable price.
    https://www.xara.com/templates/new/

Ray.

Are you after an imposition of 32 pages onto 8 sheets of A4 paper? Each page being A5 Landscape?
    Are the sheets to be folded and then nested or grouped into a number of nests and folded or just stacked?

There is no such template.

Try tackling 4 pages onto one sheet.
    The inner pages 2 & 3 would open up be easily read.
    For page 1 to be read, you fold the sheet and now page 1 is printed upside down relative to page 2, as is page 4 to page 3.

So my understanding would be a printing order of 4-1 & 2-3 as most printers can be told to flip for the second side.
    The next output would be 8-5 & 6-7.

I am sure there are better approaches so a TGer may be correcting this quite soon.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Wouldn't you be printing page 1 & 32 and 2 & 31 together on the same page?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Wouldn't you be printing page 1 & 32 and 2 & 31 together on the same page?
    So what if you then go to 34 pages?
    I was suggesting that a grouping of sets of four, folded and then stacked gives far less brain ache.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-page Imposition.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	126755

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Interesting challenge Tel. Here's my possible solution.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's my template:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Interesting challenge Tel. Here's my possible solution.

Egg It's a long time since we spoke. Thanks for the reply. I have turned to Xara because I love the way pages are constructed especially images with repel text facility. However Publisher makes life so much easier that I'm afraid I think I will go back to that app. Shame, but I have been looking all day for a solution.

Regards Terry

Acorn I thought you had retired. It's a long time since we spoke. Thanks for the reply. I have turned to Xara because I love the way pages are constructed especially images with repel text facility. However Publisher makes life so much easier that I'm afraid I think I will go back to that app. Shame, but I have been looking all day for a solution.

Ray Thanks for the reply. I have turned to Xara because I love the way pages are constructed especially images with repel text facility. However Publisher makes life so much easier that I'm afraid I think I will go back to that app. Shame, but I have been looking all day for a solution.

Regards Terry