Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Biting the Bullet Challenge

thanks for the explanation - i have a passing knowlege of HTML [no doubt well out of date] and I can manage a blog on wordpress as long as it does not need CSS...

I can see the point you are making...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    My premise was only Xara has taken the effort to render vector objects in HTML as CSS and SVG objects. Other packages would generate PNG, JPEG or other bitmap format.
    Really? I would be surprised. SVG graphics with fallbacks are pretty common.

WYSIWYG Builder likely can.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Really? I would be surprised. SVG graphics with fallbacks are pretty common.
    WYSIWYG Builder likely can.
    More than happy to be corrected here. i did mention Xara was moving (slowly0 towrds SVG but my point was few would render out in pure HTML.
    The advantage is 10s of byytes for quite complex and colourful objects versus many kBs for an image that is of poorer rendition.

Thanks though.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    thanks for the explanation - i have a passing knowlege of HTML [no doubt well out of date] and I can manage a blog on wordpress as long as it does not need CSS...
    I can see the point you are making...
    ...and my knowledge of PDF/EPS, in particular, is rather stale.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    More than happy to be corrected here. i did mention Xara was moving (slowly0 towrds SVG but my point was few would render out in pure HTML.
    The advantage is 10s of byytes for quite complex and colourful objects versus many kBs for an image that is of poorer rendition.

Thanks though.

Acorn
    We'll likely never know then...I'm completely out of webby stuff, even for playing. But if I were to do it today, I would use Pinegrow and build the pages (just like I used the now free MS Expression Web and/or DW).

I know the advantages of svg on the web. I'm happy that browsers have mostly caught up to using them...

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    We'll likely never know then...I'm completely out of webby stuff, even for playing. But if I were to do it today, I would use Pinegrow and build the pages (just like I used the now free MS Expression Web and/or DW).

I know the advantages of svg on the web. I'm happy that browsers have mostly caught up to using them...
    I have Pinegrow with WordPress and am tempted to jumping and including its new step frame utility using GreenSock. Far more powerful than Xara but you need to be on top of all of it; my XDAs are where i experiment and then usually deliver from but I have other beasties to work with as and where I need them.

Acorn

Info Re: Biting the Bullet Challenge

Shadows are problematic from with an XDA as you end up with a graphic, mostly.

I know how to invoke shadows from applying CSS onto class names but I am trying to work my XDA capabilites to the max in this Challenge.

Here is how far I have managed:

Xara-Hollow Box Bullet with Shadow.xar
    Just for handrawn - no MouseOff/MouseOver layers too.

Acorn

Nothing lasts forever...

Info Re: Biting the Bullet Challenge

I am slightly disheartened that no one has even attempted a Bullet design so far.

Not enough to not challenge myself.

I thought hollow bullets would be difficult but have discovered the Circular Fill accepts a 'no colour' node so I can construct tori (toruses / rings / doughnuts / donuts).
    As these scale perfectly, they are now in my arsenal of general Shapes.

Wingdings no image Bullet Replacements.xar

Just to be clear, using a font's glyphs is a useful way to including Bullets but it has a 75kB overhead for Wingdings; fine if you are using it liberally but heavy for one or glyphs.

Acorn

the Circular Fill accepts a 'no colour' node
    could be wrong here, but if you do this does it not actually default to white ?
    Nothing lasts forever...