Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Biting the Bullet Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    could be wrong here, but if you do this does it not actually default to white ?
    No that's the fun discovery part. It renders white in the design but 'no colour' on Preview (sorry it is still a web thing).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

so that is just the OCC element [bullet] then... does it do this with other fill types - I can't look at it at the moment as i am using P&G, no web tools
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    so that is just the OCC element [bullet] then... does it do this with other fill types - I can't look at it at the moment as i am using P&G, no web tools
    Circular and Linear Fills so far.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK Without reading all this. Some time ago Xara added the ability to copy a vector or a bitmap and use it for a bullet. This is fine if your bullet list does not have sub-bullets.

The bullet AFICT remains a vector object. And if you export the text to PDF > Commercial quality the bullet remains a vector.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vector bullet - outline view.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	126752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4000 x.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	126753  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDF Bullet.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	126754  

@ acorn

probably a general OCC thing then ?

there is a lot to be said for an integrated gradient/transparency tool

I assume you can still use white ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK Without reading all this. Some time ago Xara added the ability to copy a vector or a bitmap and use it for a bullet. This is fine if your bullet list does not have sub-bullets.

The bullet AFICT remains a vector object. And if you export the text to PDF > Commercial quality the bullet remains a vector.
    But ASAIK Xara's PDF Export doesn't accommodate transparencies all that well and in this case fails to realise one of the Fill Colours is 'no colour'.

In your example Gary, on a web page the vector becomes a bitmap, loses definition and outputs an identical image file but with a different filename for each and every bullet.

If Xara actually gave its Bullets a filename in its own new capability and updated all the OCC components that actually benefit for this then we would have one image file.
    That alone would be a great advance.

I am going further and removing the image file altogether and retaining vector onto the web page.
    Faster and crisper.

Acorn

I am going further and removing the image file altogether and retaining vector onto the web page.
    Faster and crisper.
    Got it.