Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default XWD17 - new pop-up box on Supersite exports

I've recently upgraded to Version 17 of XWD. Now, when I publish my website as a Supersite, a new control appears at the bottom left, like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supersite-controls.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	126686

If I click "Do not show this again" it disappears, but can still be displayed by hovering mouse cursor in the bottom left of the website.

I don't want the control to display, but cannot find a setting in XWD to disable it. It also doesn't seem to be documented in the new program documentation or change list.

Does anyone know how I can turn it off, please? For now, I'm having to continue publishing from XWD 16 to avoid the problem, but that's not satisfactory long term.

Default Re: XWD17 - new pop-up box on Supersite exports

Hi Gary, it's been there in all versions as far as I can remember. I don't know a way to turn it off unfortunately but it's there to help your sites visitors.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hang on, are you sure your using a supersite not a presentation?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg.

It's never shown up on any of my previous sites. I use a Supersite to create a slider that appears in an iFrame on a homepage, so I definitely don't want this silly pop-up box appearing. I've republished my site from version 16 and the controls have gone away, but they are there if I preview from version 17.

I can't remember who posted the original tutorial about using a Supersite in an iFrame as a slider, but I'll have to try and find that post to see if its author can help me. Otherwise, I think it's going to be a case of looking at the exported code from Xara 17 to see what the offending code is, and then adding something to the website as custom code to stop it from working!

Yes. It's set to Supersite, not presentation.

Ah, but interestingly, if I open the file in XWD and set it to "Presentation" then preview it, the control box does appear. So in XWD16, the control box is absent on Supersites, but present on Presentations. In XWD the change is that the control box is there on presentations and supersites. So maybe it's a bug?

Definitely a bug: whether the site is exported as a presentation or a Supersite, the presentation controls appear. I'll report this.

In the meantime, if anyone else has this problem, you can work around it until Xara implements a fix by adding this code to the HTML head for your site:

Code:
    <style>
    #xr_palrt {
        left: -300px !important;
    }
    #xr_pnava {
        left:-300px  !important;
    }
    </style>
    The pop-up controls still appear, but this code sets them to be -300px off the left edge of your page, so nobody can see them! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by garycwood84 View Post
    Definitely a bug: whether the site is exported as a presentation or a Supersite, the presentation controls appear. I'll report this.

In the meantime, if anyone else has this problem, you can work around it until Xara implements a fix by adding this code to the HTML head for your site:

Code:
    <style>
    #xr_palrt {
        left: -300px !important;
    }
    #xr_pnava {
        left:-300px  !important;
    }
    </style>
    The pop-up controls still appear, but this code sets them to be -300px off the left edge of your page, so nobody can see them! :-)
    You need to tell xara it only occurs incorrectly for Supersite > Page Transitions or it might not be found.
    Either somebody's "What a good Idea (WAGI)" or poor testing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Is this the one you're after Gary:

LINK
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Is this the one you're after Gary:

LINK
    Thanks, Egg! Yes, it is!! I've now bookmarked this because I've been trying to track it down for a while! So the bug has done me a favour! :-)