Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How many XWD users ?

Hello peoples, I wonder for long time,
    do we know how many people use Xara Web Designer?
    Is there any official data ?

Lightbulb Re: How many XWD users ?

Specifically Xara Web Designer? Or Xara Web Designer Premium as well or together? Or even Xara Designer Pro X? Or Xara Photo & Graphic Designer?

You can estimate a little from Xara's company records; I put a link to some a few days ago.
    You could estimate from the number of TG members and actual TGer engagement here.
    Somewhere I saw a Xara statement that it had 2M customers. Possibly across all products and probably since it started.

So rough back of the fag packet calculations.
    • Annual revenue: the order of £1M. By order, I mean to a factor of 10 (1/10 to x10).
    • Update Service renewal: £50.
    • Update Service uptake: 20%.
    • New product purchase: £100.
    • New purchases: 9,000/year.
    • Trading period: 20 years.

So a guess would be around 180,000 licences.
    Of those I estimate Xara has a half life of 5 years so half stop using the products within 5 years.

My overall guess is 25,000 active licences.
    To all those: Hello!

Acorn

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: How many XWD users ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    My overall guess is 25,000 active licences.
    To all those: Hello!

Acorn
    Big numbers, Acorn! WHY aren't we getting more input and interest into talkgraphics?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    Big numbers, Acorn! WHY aren't we getting more input and interest into talkgraphics?!!!
    This question has come up before. I think for me, part of the problem might be the forum name ‘TalkGraphics’. New users might not realise it’s for them as it sounds like a general graphics forum, not anything specifically or officially to do with Xara or web design etc.

I’m sure there are lots of other reasons, for example:

• Lack of new features to stimulate comment and experimentation!
    • The built in help in WD/P is sufficient!
    • Users may prefer instant social media style interaction like facebook for support
    • Lack of regular Xara lead discussion and open, two way interaction
    • Lack of encouragement or incentive to post
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    I wa reading the forum, and learning from it, for 7 years before I actually joined it, a lot of users will never join

and as jono said

a lot of users now will prefer social media interaction

and interesting point about talkgraphics the name - I am not sure just how much input xara had into that as the forum was fairly independant back in the day, but it is indicative of the focus then.....

EDIT: - and back then it was referred to as a 'conference' by many of the regular users, which also shows where it was coming from... these days it is a glorified [ironic] volunteer help desk with a shameful lack of involvement by Xara/Magix, again as jono said in so many words
    Last edited by handrawn; 05 April 2020 at 09:20 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...