Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Background video is not working

Hello! This use to work, but I made some edits and now the background video doesn't work. www.poouster.com

I made this out of one of you templates a long time ago. I LOVED it! Here's a link where you can download the file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_o...q9-vB9vP4TsZ-G

It works from the exported files on my desktop. But I've uploaded it to the server and it doesn't seem to work there.

Thenks for any information you can give me.

Default Re: Background video is not working

The code looks correct.
    The videos are in place and play if selected.

Your CSS to position, scale and centre seems OK.

The only thing that might stymie it running is a Variant with the same ID as HTML will only recognise the first ID it finds and then ignores any others.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks. I don't think the variant ever was a video. I thought it was just a jpg in place. I thought it might be my slow internet. Does the video play on your computer when you go to poouster.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Poouster View Post
    Thanks. I don't think the variant ever was a video. I thought it was just a jpg in place. I thought it might be my slow internet. Does the video play on your computer when you go to poouster.com?
    No, afraid not. I forced each version to run directly.

It should be relatively quick to copy the Placeholder, CSS and videos over to a fresh file and test that or upload to TG here for someone to check.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn!

Video works on my IPAD

Ray

Video working on my desktop.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Failing in Opera, Chrome, Vivaldi & Safari.

Acorn

Chrome (Fail), Firefox (OK), Edge (OK). I have seen the problem occur before with certain .mp4 files, so I ran the original through an MP4 converter (copy attached). It then worked in the three browsers I have.
    Attached Files Attached Files