Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Not feeling Xara Cloud

I remember getting into a discussion here about 'professional' and 'amateur' ages ago; someone [not you] saying it was professional if you were paid to do it, and amateur if you were not; I disagreed and felt it was a question of approach.... like a lot of things it's a bit of both... maybe depending on whther you are describing the work or the creator...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Just exploring the idea of "amateur" in the context of Canva animation discussion:

a) The meaning of amateur is attached to the "end" given to the production.
    The purpose is pedagogical in the case of the students and mine.
    We are in a class about the use of video in the education field.

b) The meaning of amateur is attached to the "functionalities" of the software.
    In Canva, there are not advanced controls over animation. No keyframe control at all.
    Canva Pro and Education subscriptions allow for tweaking basic parameters, as the style and the timing of the animation, as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMJ1bjuJHr0
    The free subscription doesn't allow changing style and timing. You can animate using the standard templates only. Absolutely no control, but the outputs are still great IMO for my use case.

c) The meaning of amateur is NOT attached to the "output" of the animation produced by Canva.
    The animations are very good, polished.
    By using "Shortcut" (video editing software), even with keyframe control, to produce similar animations would be time-consuming, and the results wouldn't be as polished as the ones from Canva since the students are newbies.
    Then by using Canva, every animation in the student's video production has become leveled in quality for the better.
    What was positive for my use case is that I started using Canva aiming only at the graphics capabilities (I had no idea it could animate), but the animation functionality took over the stage.

Cheers!

Thanks for the update and clarification.