Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Not feeling Xara Cloud

@pauland
    I'm not able to compare Canva against Xara Cloud because my experience with the latter was pretty shallow.
    That said, Canva is intuitive and the collaboration workflow is handy. The full-feature mobile app is a plus.
    Canva comes with plenty of stock content and templates, even the free account.
    A convenient set of functionalities since I'm working with students without previous experience producing graphics for video (title, lower-third, intro, outro, etc.).
    Those graphics are brought and animated using Shotcut, a free video editing software (www.shotcut.org).
    However, I was surprised that Canva also provides ready-to-use animation functionality (https://about.canva.com/news/canva-a...-announcement/).
    Since the output of Canva's animation is pretty decent for the amateur purposes of the students and mine, now there are few needs to animate the graphics using Shotcut video editing.
    The animations are exported from Canva in the mp4 format, and then imported into Shotcut to be assembled with footage.
    Although the animation functionality is offered through the pro (paid) subscription, it is available for free through the Canva educational account.
    Talking specifically about graphics, Canva exports a multipage PDF file (with organized layers) that is compatible with XDA for further editing.
    I made available a couple of PDFs generated by Canva here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z5...zmTQqAlbOZVYxS
    When importing a Canva PDF into XDA, sometimes there are missing fonts that need to be installed.

--------------------------------
    @MB365
    Thanks for the feedback!
    For reference, the emails were sent to salesinquiries@xara.com on 7 Dec 2019 and 18 Mar 2020.
    As you can see in the attached image, the email salesinquiries@xara.com is the one triggered when you click on "contact us" on Xara Cloud website.
    I'm glad that I could contact you directly through matt@xara.com, after receiving the proper email through your PM.
    Looking forward to knowing better and experiencing Xara Cloud for education.

--------------------------------

Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Cloud Contact_2020-04-04.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	126666
    Last edited by cadudesun; 04 April 2020 at 01:32 PM.