Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Not feeling Xara Cloud

Far be it from me to rattle another cage during these days of isolation, but I don’t understand why Magix even continues it’s cloud version of Xara. If the thread count on this forum is any indication there’s hardly any interest.
    My feeling now after a try out and a regular user of XDP and XWD I can only see this cloud version as simply an effort to grab some % of Wordpress. I haven’t checked Wordpress versus Cloud monthly payment, but whenever I see a monthly payment I walk away slowly. I’d like to know how many Cloud users there actually is? If collaboration is the end game one can easily set up another user with XD and passwords easily.
    @xara. Sorry, I just don’t get it.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Not feeling Xara Cloud

Bill, I am one (and a paid-up member too) but no one else in TG seems to bother.

It is more targeted towards the integration of all social media and corporate presence rather than web delivery.
    Perhaps that will come eventually but Xara watered down its promised capabilities and as is will only ever stay a niche product.

Acorn

P.S. Could a Mod move this Thread to the Xara Cloud Forum?
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

which may be why the buzz for it is not here... it's on social media...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I don't think Xara cloud has anything to do with Magix, does it?

no indeed, it is the one product that does not, and that is still 100% Xara [Xara GmbH]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Info Re: Not feeling Xara Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I don't think Xara cloud has anything to do with Magix, does it?
    Absolutely nothing. It is all Xara. But what is Xara these days? Xara Cloud is registered in Germany (c.f., Copyright © 2020 Xara GmbH): https://www.xara.com/imprint/.

Read into http://magazine.magix.com/en/xara/ as well.

A useful insight is page 8 of https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...47b3603a653928.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm one of those damn hobbyists. I would use this product if it was useful, but in my opinion it is not.
    It is just about sticking existing content together. (Nothing I consider helpful.)
    It should be decided to either improve it radically or to drop it (my opinion).
    I tried it three or four times for now, and even me as a non artist or designer feel it is much too limited to be creative. From my point of view it shoud not have not left beta state yet.

So Xara decided to go cloud? I'm a subscriber for a while now and I still can't "feel it"; wrap my head around the work flow. I rarely use it - and occasionally pop in to
    see if there's anything 'new/different' enough for me to stay a while, but I don't... yet I keep paying. (what an idiot!) Maybe in the hopes that one day I WILL "feel it."
    Something about it attracted me... I guess because it was 'XARA'.

But I'm still in awe that the brains over there switched their focus to the cloud from the desktop... Why?

BECAUSE OF... to name a few...

• Adobe Spark
    • Canva
    • Desygner
    • BeFunky
    • Design Wizard
    • Crello
    • Snappa
    • Stencil
    • PicMonkey
    • Youzign

AND THEN... HERE COMES XARA CLOUD! REALLY??? They must believe they have something so different, something so special, that they can take on the aforementioned...
    or, better yet, what galls - what huge galls!. (yes I said galls!) I'm wondering what the geniuses over there thoaught when they decided to compete for users against these?

Don't want to embarrass myself and admit to how many of these I subscribed to/unsubscribed to/subscribed to/unsubscribed to... (well I guess I just DID embarrass myself)
    But here's the thing... for me... I start using them, and ALWAYS wind up back at my desktop XD for a bunch of reasons, one of which is I feel more secure on the desktop
    and not at the mercy of a cloud service. But that's the new world and I/we can only fight for so long.

One more thing though, they all have some truly great features/tricks up their sleeve that I wish some of it were part of XD. They ARE pretty damn good, if you don't have a
    creative bone in your body, or are just lazy. But I also have not found anything that Xara Cloud does that can't be done in the others... or, I have found much in the others
    that Xara Cloud can not do.

My Corona Isolation 2 cents...

Cliff
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

The cloud offering is a reaction to two things:

- working on the same design using multiple devices that synchronise the design between them.
    - different people working on the same design, but with control over what particular uses can change.

Allied to those main drivers is the third part:

- software that is browser-based so there is no install required on any device.

In this three part jigsaw, the cloud is the binding mechanism - it holds the design centrally on cloud servers and it serves the design software to the browser.

If you don't care about the design aims then you won't care about Xara cloud.

I don't understand the niche they are aiming for. For simplistic functionality it may work but I don't know who would make use of a simplistic use-case. There are echoes of a pseudo CMS in all this but it will never compete with a full-blown CMS.

I don't know why they went for Xara Cloud, but I don't have a mansion either, so other minds are most likely to be better than mine with regard to whether this is a good idea at all.

I don't use it, but I feel Xara Cloud is oriented more towards print documents: brochures, advertising and corporate literature in general, that it is towards websites [at the moment]

it is right, I think, that the whole raison d'être is for it to be used by teams that are working on the same project documents, at different physical locations, in real time
    Nothing lasts forever...