Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: Please show me a great webpage made with xara.

Quote Originally Posted by rsrsrs View Post
    With some more sites and nicely responsive.

why?
    i cant believe it, that somebody seriously use xara for webpages, in the times of wordpress, typo3, joomla ....

but may be im wrong.
    Well. I'm sorry, but yes, you are wrong.

www.clinicaverissimo.com

Now, let me tell about me and why I must say xara is a great website tool maker.
    In 1st place I must say I never had experience in web design, graphics, etc …
    One day I thought to hire someone to make me a web page for my dental clinic in Portugal. It was a financial nightmare, time wasting, and it was never as I want.
    So I decided to buy "something" I could say to the web designer what and how I wanted. When I found Xara … I tried 1st all those tools you mention, but all I found too technical. I had no time and knowledge to do my self a website (I thought) so I used Xara only to communicate with the web designer.
    With Time, and when I get more in to it, I realise I was actually building all the website … I close the huge account with the webdesigner and moved on.
    Now the best part … just type in google search " clinica dentaria em Oeiras, portugal " (in Portuguese) That is a general search to who needs a dentist in my region (there are a bunch of them) but I guess you will find my clinic in 1st page and in Maps section. What I mean is a amateur could work the SEO in xara.
    Well, all this to say, maybe a professional that works with scrip and dedicates his life and work to web design, may have better tools than Xara, I do not doubt it. But yes, is a great tool and can be used to do great websites, fast, simple, clear and also permit to do a lot of design.
    Cheers

Verissimo - Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Verissimo View Post
    Good looking site!

.. it does however show Xara's weaknesses when using Google translate to display the pages in English, though that's probably a negligible concern for this site, or most sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Verissimo View Post
    Well. I'm sorry, but yes, you are wrong.

www.clinicaverissimo.com

Cheers
    yes! your site looks really good.

when I finally visit beautiful Portugal and I should get a toothache, I will come to you!

;-)
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

My take on the definition of a good website is very utilitarian. The worst websites are like the worst commercials. You remember the commercial but not the product. Simplicity facilitates communication and, consequently, action. I've used about 5 different programs beginning with hand coded sites in the early '90s. WordPress and most CMS programs are not website programs. They are blogging programs and they force the designer to conform to unnecessary engineering constraints. Just try moving your logo 3 pixels and you'll see what I mean. The other constraint is the code itself. Try moving a WordPress site to another domain, let alone a new directory. Try controlling the look and ease of purchase of your products when they are constrained by the complexity of WooCommerce. My skills are far inferior to the more talented and learned moderators and contributors on this site, but I fully agree that quality comes from the designer, not the program. My only caveat is that every site is competing with every other site for the attention of viewers. To that end, if a site design forces a viewer to conform and thus interfere with a viewer's engagement then it has failed. It's a harsh standard but so is the internet. IMHO

Just noticed this was posted in the Xara Graphics Chat forum. Moving to Xara Web Design Chat forum.

I don't know if this is a great site but I have been happy with it. It's my personal design site http://www.gwpriester.com/index.html

There are a lot of effects that I created using many of Xara's features.

https://hudsonriverinlay.com/
    This is a responsive site BTW.
    Still a work in progress (I'm currently working on improving the nav menu) but made almost entirely with Xara and a few plugins.
    I've tried a lot of software over the years and no drag and drop editor has the wysiwyg precision of Xara.
    Yes there are missing features to be worked out and worked around but every software I've ever used has had issues.
    Dreamweaver, Wordpress, Bootstrap Studio, WYSIWYG Web Builder, I've used them all.

Gary, I plugged your site in post #11 ... did you not notice?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.