Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Please show me a great webpage made with xara.

I got an IPv6 return when using MS Windows command tracert <domain>.
    Others might not be configured for IPv6 and are getting an IP4 return instead.

Only the OP can advise what was published where.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just advised: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...sulasia-Global.

Worth a look.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I am happy to share the work done for the Parsonage Restaurant. The business has come through Lockdown with flying colours having taken the decision to create and deliver a brand derivative called 'Parsonage Delivered'. It moves on to the 'New Norm'.... and with a new fan base too.

https://theparsonage.co.uk/index.htm

My thanks to those here on TG that helped some of the website ideas come to fruition, and helped the business survive the last few months!! With the exception of a little HTML/CSS it is 100% Xara - even the video content was created using Xara (thanks to the supersite slider).

Gary

I have used Xara to create websites for over a decade. I like it because:
    -It allows for fast development (add X-Builder and you can have a nice-looking design in very short order)
    -It allows the ability to have multiple sizes (adaptive, not responsive) with full control of the layout for each
    -It allows me to build affordable sites for my market; small local business

It does have drawbacks. It does not play nice with embedded PHP scripts like ecwid ecommerce. Most of my new development is with another tool. But I frequently proto-type my new sites with Xara and then do the development in another tool. If it is a simple site the proto-type becomes the website and I save time.

Building responsive sites has its challenges. You have to think differently than using Xara to achieve the design your customer request or you have imagined in your head. Sometimes it is just easier to do it with Xara.

I have looked at some of the other tools you referenced and chose not to move that direction. Funny how often I see a Wordpress site that still contains unfinished template pages with Ipsum Lorum and placeholder images.

I think the forum has provided a reasonable collection of very nice looking website built with Xara.

so, maybe you are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I don't know if this is a great site but I have been happy with it. It's my personal design site http://www.gwpriester.com/index.html

There are a lot of effects that I created using many of Xara's features.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I don't know if this is a great site but I have been happy with it. It's my personal design site http://www.gwpriester.com/index.html

There are a lot of effects that I created using many of Xara's features.
    Really like your original and clean approach. One problem? - my QHD laptop is 3200x1800px yet I can't see the bottom of any of the pages?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gw.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	127287

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Really like your original and clean approach. One problem? - my QHD laptop is 3200x1800px yet I can't see the bottom of any of the pages?

Name:	gw.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	127287
    LGF, just reduce the width of your browser and shrink its scaling.

gary has designed for a browser at 100% & 1280px wide with an effective scaling factor of Fit to Width of a maximum of 121%.
    I estimate the page height is then 1550px.

Also try pressing F11 // Esc to see if the website fits.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, just reduce the width of your browser and shrink its scaling.

gary has designed for a browser at 100% & 1280px wide with an effective scaling factor of Fit to Width of a maximum of 121%.
    I estimate the page height is then 1550px.

Also try pressing F11 // Esc to see if the website fits.

Acorn
    Site still doesn't fit using f11. Something's up - I have to reduce the width of my browser by about 50% before I can see the bottom of the page...attached is a full screen capture.

Name:	full screen.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	127295

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Site still doesn't fit using f11. Something's up - I have to reduce the width of my browser by about 50% before I can see the bottom of the page...attached is a full screen capture.

Name:	full screen.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	127295
    Nothing's up, that all fine; few use 3200px wide viewports.
    Xara still thinks 960px wide is good enough for a website.

I do believe that there is a height issue in Xara's use of Scale to Fit Width coding, forcing you, especially, to have to use the vertical scrollbar to go lower down the page.

Anyone else?

Acorn

Both browsers set to 100% zoom. 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Not sure what we're trying to prove here.

Name:	G01.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	127296Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G02.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	127297
    Last edited by Chris M; 29 June 2020 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Added res.

Just that when Gary's site has a wide viewing window, it scales and so it's height forces the need to scroll.

As expected but trying to answer the original question.

Acorn