Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Default Re: Please show me a great webpage made with xara.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    FlySOLO, your sites all share a very specific design style that I find clean and very attractive. Great work and a great inspiration! Your use of different shapes & graphics, flat compositions with slight offsets, color & font schemes and animations creates a user/visitor experience that is diverse yet coherent. One aspect that, as far as I'm concerned, could be toned down a bit, though, is the number of animations.
    Thank you boy.

You may be right with the slight overuse of animations. I guess it's too easy to add

bb,

FLy

Just did this update to my site and added more new pages
    www.doanehoag.com

I like the mainly simplicity of Xara, been using it for several years. I used to use NetObjects Fusion, another visual builder that got a lot of flak for having weird code, but was again easy to use and design.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Very nice on iPad @doane. Love the hero image fade in.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Firstly I'd like to say you are a very talented artist doane. I spent well over an hour wandering through your site and thoroughly enjoyed the 3D section of your dioramas.Very nostalgic of days gone bye.

I'd like to point out a couple of issues with your site if you don't mind.

The elongated mouse-over menus work fine on all the other sections apart from the diorama section. The buttons overlay the underlaying text. (See attachment) I think this may be partly due to that underlaying text not text but images. You've probably grouped the text with something else by accident which is not only creating an image but is no good for SEO.

Your site is very image intensive and I'd recommend you export these as .webp images. These are 55% to 65% smaller than jpg's. Google likes them too, so you'll get a ranking boost as well. You may need to upgade your Xara app if your current one doesn't have this option but it's well worth it.

Finally on you old (?) site there are two Internal Server Errors on links to:

architectural_rendering_14.html & 18.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	133052  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thoroughly enjoyed the 3D section of your dioramas
    +1
    these are really good - your Triptych: Percival Produce - Sterling Ice and Dairy - Raven's Wood Wine is impressive in both layout and in the way you added the sky
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...