Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Please show me a great webpage made with xara.

Don't know how "great" this web site is, but I think it's serviceable: https://sunsetrum.com
    Have a look.

Don't know how "great" this web site is, but I think it's serviceable
    Only if you are over 18

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Erdrich View Post
    Don't know how "great" this web site is, but I think it's serviceable: https://sunsetrum.com
    Have a look.
    With a name like that I would have expected the home page to have a big picture of two young lovers sat at a table with rum glasses, a bottle of rum looking out at a sunset over a beautiful sea surrounded by palm trees. Or even some wise grey owls sat at that table enjoying their drink.

Would have been my take too, but unfortunately that's not what the client wanted.

@forresthowie. I like that, a lot of nice work. If you perhaps need help with your mobile variant let me know. I’ve made every mistake in the book. It’s a matter of picking and choosing what you want in the variant. Sometimes we just can’t include everything.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

[QUOTE=actionit;623279]My site and some others that I've done. Not a designer but Xara makes it simple to create your own site without templates like in Wordpress:

http://www.norselec.com.au/

Actionit,

These sites look great! Could you tell me if the animated logo list on the Norselec site was done directly in Xara, and if so, how? My boss wanted a running logo list like this and I couldn't figure out how to make that work using Xara.

Thank you!
    -Kelly

Info Re: Please show me a great webpage made with xara.

Quote Originally Posted by designer_k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by actionit View Post
    My site and some others that I've done. Not a designer but Xara makes it simple to create your own site without templates like in Wordpress:

http://www.norselec.com.au/
    Actionit,

These sites look great! Could you tell me if the animated logo list on the Norselec site was done directly in Xara, and if so, how? My boss wanted a running logo list like this and I couldn't figure out how to make that work using Xara.

Thank you!
    -Kelly
    Kelly, the marquee would be built as a Placeholder and each logo and link added to a simple collection as as HTML. Not a native Xara solution: https://www.w3schools.in/html-tutorial/marquee-tag/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

I've only used the marquee HTML code with text. Good to know this works with graphics too, and have in my arsenal if the boss wants this feature in the next design iteration of our website.

I appreciate your reply!

-Kelly

That works fine for me too Acorn.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

Brilliant! Thank you for the example. That will be even more helpful in the future. Added to my resources folder.

Regards,
    -Kelly