Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Font management

Hybrid View

Default Re: Font management

Open the xar/web file and click the Text Tool. Click the drop down menu where you choose a different font, scroll to the top and take note of the Used Fonts.

On the same computer go to C:\Windows\Fonts and copy the fonts.
    On the second computer paste the fonts, highlight them all, right click > install

Thanks for the reply Chris. You have provided a solution that will work. It just requires me to be diligent in noting down the fonts used. It is not just Designer Pro that I am working with so I have to keep note of the fonts used across a number of publications I produce and maintain.

I was kind of hoping that there would be a simpler/easier way to keep fonts used syncronised between 2 or more computers.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
    Cheers,

you can synchronise fonts across workgroups so I guess you can do what you want, using the cloud; I don't do it, but I know it can be done - but you will need to buy third party software to do it I think, google may throw up some ideas
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

A good free font management program is Nexusfont (http://www.xiles.net/). As such, it does not do the actual synchronizing of fonts between computers, but you can use it to group and copy your collection of fonts to a suitable folder, and activate and deactivate them while they still are there (normal practice with, e.g., Type 1 fonts which like to reside in C:\psfonts). Simply zip the files in your font collection folder, and if font licensing does not hamper this, copy them to another computer.

Thank you Handrawn and Lex, you have some ideas for me to chase down. It seems that good housekeeping and dilligence with font install/uninstall is the simplest and lowest cost way.

Thanks again,