Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro V17 and Sticker 20

When updating my web site with V17 the "Sticker 20" became corrupted on whichever page I had used it on. After saving the site and restarting the program it came up with an shadow error. After deleting the sticker and loading a new one from the catalog, the program states that there is an internal error. The sticker comes in but is no longer a smart shape and when you select it, the selection box is huge. I even tried copying the sticker into a regular document page from the catalog and get the same error.

When trying to copy the sticker from V16 and pasting into V17 it comes up with the same internal error.

Ray

Bug Re: Designer Pro V17 and Sticker 20

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    When updating my web site with V17 the "Sticker 20" became corrupted on whichever page I had used it on. After saving the site and restarting the program it came up with an shadow error. After deleting the sticker and loading a new one from the catalog, the program states that there is an internal error. The sticker comes in but is no longer a smart shape and when you select it, the selection box is huge. I even tried copying the sticker into a regular document page from the catalog and get the same error.
    When trying to copy the sticker from V16 and pasting into V17 it comes up with the same internal error.
    Ray
    Ray, confirmed the error is "Internal program error 0.Unknown.File".

Bug - Sticker 005 dies dramatically - "File took complicated to process".
    Bug - Sticker 014 fails to stretch.
    Bug - Sticker 017 fails to bring its scroll with it and if the text is deleted, the sticker vanishes.
    Bug - Sticker 018 fails to bring its scroll with it. If you change text, click away then it is no longer selectable. You can get to bits of it through the Page & Layer gallery. "Failed to setup bitmap for rendering. The registered bitmap may be too big."
    Bug - Sticker 021 is OK until you delete all the text; it is impossible to add it back.

I shall leave the other for anyone else to examine as at the moment, I despair.

@Xara - I am more than happy to be offered a position of Head Wrangler with you to identify all and any Bugs; I have a good track record.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Designer Pro V17 and Sticker 20

Acorn, I have to ask has ANYTHING been done about ALL the bugs you're finding? There's never anything posted about corrections.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Acorn, I have to ask has ANYTHING been done about ALL the bugs you're finding? There's never anything posted about corrections.
    About one in fifty and they just happen to work without any notice of them being fixed so I end up rechecking everythiing.

Considering I am a systems designer and I have to verify and validate every single thing from concept through to testing and delivery, Xara might actually take some time out and listen.

Barking.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

south of Ilford...

more haste less speed... but then updates might be very light indeed

do beta testers get the changelogs they need ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Acorn

That was the error I was getting

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    south of Ilford...
    more haste less speed... but then updates might be very light indeed
    do beta testers get the changelogs they need ?
    Don't know as I'm not a beta tester.

I know Xara uses JIRA so it is possible to include remote users to see all the Defects but I would doubt Xara has bothered.

Acorn

I know one person who is [not me] but we are not supposed to divulge who they are [at least back whe I was a Mod]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Acorn, thanks I'll get these logged and fixed