Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Trouble in creating a mouse over pop-up

I am learning Designer Pro X 1.6.3 and following the user manual page 457 to create a mouse-over pop-up.

But I have trouble in following the steps.

1. Select a layer in the PAGE & LAYER GALLERY and click NEW to create a new layer.
    2. Draw a rounded rectangle with the RECTANGLE TOOL, click a (pale) color patch on the COLOR LINE (on page 190) to give it a fill color. For good measure give it a soft shadow (select the SHADOW tool and just drag on the rectangle).
    3. Create a block of text on top of your rectangle. Select the TEXT TOOL and drag diagonally across the rectangle. Type your text. You probably want to hide the pop-up layer now, so click the eye icon against your new layer in the Page & Layer Gallery.
    4. Back on the base (MouseOff) layer (click it in the PAGE & LAYER GALLERY to set this as current layer) now select the text you want to trigger the pop-up, using the usual method (in the Text tool). Then open the WEB PROPERTIES DIALOG (on page 460) (Ctrl+Shift+W) and on the MOUSE-OVER tab select the new layer from the 'SHOW POPUP LAYER' drop down menu. Click OK.
    5. Preview and test your mouseover effect.

In step 4, I cannot find the MOUSE-OVER tab in WEB PROPERTIES DIALOG, any idea?

Edit:
    I found it is the error in the manual, I should open the Web Animation dialog to set the pop-up for the selected text. The shortcut Shit+Ctrl+Alt+N did not work if I have select the text first. I can only use the shortcut to open the Web Animation dialog and then use the Text tool to select the text to setup pop-up.
    Last edited by flim; 31 March 2020 at 04:59 AM.