Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Online Content Catalogue

Not sure if this is the correct place for this post, but here goes. It seems when accessing the online content catalogue (File > New From Content Catalogue) selecting an item, say a photo, and IMPORT, I get errors trying to insert pretty much any of the content. This is an example:

Unable to Download File
    C:\Users\...\Xara\XtremePro\16\stock9781.jpg. The message
    received from the service was 'HTTP Status 400'.

I've only started seeing this in the last couple of days.
    Xara Designer Pro X 16.3.0.57723 DL x64 Oct 25 2019
    Update Service Code: 4301 KA

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Because I see a reference to C: drive, I'm wondering if I somehow altered a setting that I shouldn't have. My subscription is due in May and there is already a popup asking me to renew for another yes. Of course I'm a little hesitant with this going on.

Thanks in advance,
    Steve...

Default Re: Online Content Catalogue

Steve, either Xara's servers are out or you need to use Run as administrator one time.

The following is not a solution but have you used Download All for getting your content offline?

It might be you are hitting a Pixabay issue. Check their site directly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Steve, either Xara's servers are out or you need to use Run as administrator one time.

The following is not a solution but have you used Download All for getting your content offline?

It might be you are hitting a Pixabay issue. Check their site directly.

Acorn
    Thanks very much for the response. Running as Administrator produced the same result. As far as I know (please correct me) Download All doesn't download all of the images and vector graphics available in the Catalog. For example, there is a photo clip art section in the designs gallery and therefore Download All would provide all of that content. But with reference to the vector art and photo images, there isn't a section for that and <I think> would negate the downloading of that content for lack of a place for the downloader to put it?

Thanks once again for your wonderful advice.

Steve...

Steve, Xara has only provided a link to a cut back access to Pixabay.

You get better served using https://pixabay.com directly.
    All other content is Xara's and downloadable. Well over 3GB.

If you have not used Download All, you lose access to the Online Content Catalogue when your Update Service expires.
    You can still use the external Pixabay access.

If you do this all you lose is Xara not providing a Search capability for your downloaded content.

Was it a Pixabay image you were after with the 400 error?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks again! Yes it appears that all of the vector and images are pixabay as was the sample image I was trying. Although in the error it appeared not to be a Pixabay link <C:\Users\...\Xara\XtremePro\16\stock9781.jpg> That said, as much as I like being able to snag this stuff from within Xara, your suggestion of using my Pixabay login and going direct, makes a lot of sense. I suppose one thing I haven't tried is to deactivate this installation, and redownload and and reinstall to see if that makes a difference.

I'm very grateful to you for your help!
    Steve...

When you use Pixabay for the first time in Xara via Content Catalog, you need to agree to the terms. That's all. I have never had to sign in.

As Acorn has stated, Pixabay.com has the same images but often many more.

I'm going to move this thread to Xara Graphics Chat.

Thanks all for the responses. Gary, I've been using this facility from within Xara for years so I likely agreed to Terms quite some time ago, although I can't remember that. I can access the content from Pixabay directly so that's an option. I guess I just got lazy having that built in with such quick access. Maybe Xara no longer has an agreement with Pixabay allowing Xara using to access from within the program. That's the only thing I can think of.

Thanks again,
    Steve...

Steve - They still do have Pixabay. For some reason it is not working in your copy. This might be the problem. Open the Content Catalog and key in something in the search box, clouds for example. The press Enter.

Thanks Gary! Yes I can search in the catalog and thumbnails do some up. If I select the thumbnail to insert I get the error.

OK I will move this thread to Dear Xara (for feature requests and bug reporting and see if someone at Xara can give us an answer)