Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it possible to use the free image transformer in Xara Designer Pro?

Hallo, everybody. Help me, please.

Is it possible to use the free image transformer in the program, as in Photoshop (Ctrl+t) (to stretch the image, freely deform, change perspective). If so, how to do it. Please write as detailed as possible.
    For example, I have a rectangular frame, but I want to freely transform it and make ,for example, a square.

Default Re: Is it possible to use the free image transformer in Xara Designer Pro?

Nope. Go and read the Help file instead or access the Xara videos.

Xara is not Photohhop and every ask about doing something in one program so tell me how to do the same in a Xara Desktop application (XDA) is a waste of your time.
    Your XDA is primarily a vector design program so a Rectangle to a Square is trivial. Skewing is trivial. Changing it to a Shape allows you to add/delete/move control points and introduce curves or flatten to lines.

Good experimenting.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Is it possible to use the free image transformer in Xara Designer Pro?

in the select tool - right click on the 'lock aspect ratio' padlock icon on the infobar and untick smart transform - this will enable you to deform the bitmap image using the boundary handles

xara has a mould tool but it does not work that well with bitmap image, especially low res images, but it does have perspective options

there is always crop.... although that does not deform

like acorn said xara is not photoshop and once again I would not be doing this in xara....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It's amazing how unpleasant acorn can be to people who ask questions that seem stupid or incongruous to this man. He is certainly of superior intelligence and apparently has centuries of experience for forgetting that he too asked questions in the beginning that would seem stupid today in retrospect.
    A forum is made to allow the less experienced to find help from the "elders", they should not be treated condescendingly.
    This is the reason why I don't participate in the forum anymore (acorn is not the only one to behave like this here, I've never seen such an unpleasant forum).
    You can banish me because these behaviors plus Magix's politics make me no longer interested in Xara, I made the mistake of buying her, too bad for me, I leave you between superior minds.

acorn is very helpful, but possibly not perfect, anymore than I am...

the forum members are mostly just doing this out of their own kindness - no payment - no benefit, other than learning themselves

actually, as forums go, this is very civilised, I am sorry you feel that way
    Nothing lasts forever...

I allow myself to be terse when the an OP asks the same question more than once. I am sorry that it is evident that some people do not actually try or check prior Posts before asking. My track record speaks for itself. If I then go on and say I lambast Xara and try to help others, this isn't hubris but factual and I find it sad that I have to point it.

Why would you be "banished "?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you, so much! You helped me very much!

you are welcome
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrain View Post
    It's amazing how unpleasant acorn can be to people who ask questions that seem stupid or incongruous to this man. He is certainly of superior intelligence and apparently has centuries of experience for forgetting that he too asked questions in the beginning that would seem stupid today in retrospect.
    A forum is made to allow the less experienced to find help from the "elders", they should not be treated condescendingly.
    This is the reason why I don't participate in the forum anymore (acorn is not the only one to behave like this here, I've never seen such an unpleasant forum).
    You can banish me because these behaviors plus Magix's politics make me no longer interested in Xara, I made the mistake of buying her, too bad for me, I leave you between superior minds.
    I don't know why you think you made a mistake in buying Xara, I have bought many programs over the years and even with all its faults it is one amazing program. As for Acorn, and others in my experience they have been nothing but helpful and believe me I have asked some very stupid questions and they have always been answered. The key is if you have a question search first and see, it may have been answered already. I hope you think about it and find that you are wrong and want to participate here as there is so much to learn!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    when an OP asks the same question more than once.

Acorn
    did I miss something I don't recall this...
    Nothing lasts forever...